Options

Extreme cold -50 antifreeze

2»

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I’ve been wintering via the drive for the past 15 years on my boats and never drain the antifreeze once flushed (knock on wood haven’t had any issues). Does anyone know how much antifreeze actually stays in the block,manifolds and lines once it drains back out the drive? It seems to me that a lot drains out and there’s more air than antifreeze left.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    When you say blow out the water how are you doing it? I have one of those attachments to connect to the garden hose fitting and it has an air valve on it like a tire. I used this on my fresh water system before I added AF and also did my sons and daughters campers this way. The only way I could think of doing it would be to blow air through the muffs? If so, how much pressure? I only ran 25psi through the fresh water fittings.

I have always drained the water by removing all plugs. On my Sea Ray I just left it empty after that. With the Crownline I got it warm to open the t-stat then drained all water then started it on muffs sucking AF through, I do store it in an underground cave so not chance of freezing but I bring it home mid-March and winterize just to be safe
  • Options
     “I do store it in an underground cave “ @boatman37 is that how you came up with your handle?? 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Da da da da da da da da BOATMAN!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    LoL!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hay hay
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    lol. no it wasn't but sounds good. when i signed up for my first boat forum had no idea what username to pick so boatman seemed to be the simplest thing but it was taken so i threw a couple numbers on it....lol
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    well, I like the boatman name, but the 37, well, that happens to be my favorite number.  It's also the year of my streetrod truck I have.  So, great choice!

As far as how to "blow" out the water, I use the Schrader valve and the pump that comes with it.  On mine, when you start pumping, a valve will open on the bottom of the seawater pump to allow the water to flow out.  You just need to make sure that closes all the way and then pull the little release valve next the Schrader when done.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    LoL!
    2008 330EC