Options

Fuel water separator

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
so got all my filters to change everything got a fuel water separator for the generator and the engine and the engine oil and a filter for the generator. I start doing everything and I come to realize and I swear I changed it before a fuel water separator for engine. I have a fuel line from the tank to a filter and then to the electric fuel pump with no fuel water separator at least that I can I see. I also really tend to still make a mess even with a little pump for the engine oil. I have the tube on the bottom of the pan that goes through the drain plug but I pull it back up through and stick my little hose in there and got engine oil everywhere again. Is that filter somewhere else I'm not seeing it? It's hard to believe that the generator has a fuel water separator and a fuel filter and the  motor does not. It's a 350 MPI. I had the motor out I sure don't recall seeing it stuck anywhere else.

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    My 2002 fuel water separator looks like an oil filter on the starboard side of the engine.

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may not have one there is a fuel filter on top of the tank. follow the gas line. the image below is what one looks like.

Image result for 270 rinker fuelwater separator
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Nope, look again...line from tank to fuel filter on top of the tank and then the line goes to the fuel pump...who would have removed it, can't imagine rinker did not put one in....
  • Options
    Genny is on the fire wall...
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't you pull your engine @rasbury?  Is it possible you didn't hook it up or something?  Yes seems really odd that you don't have one
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    No, there is just nothing there. Guess I had my hands so full with pulling the motor(stressfull ! ) I did not notice...I also do not have a fuel cut off valve for the motor as well...have one for the Genny...another thing I noticed and maybe I have this wrong...on the cover on intake where it has the engine and drive serial numbers, is the transom number the hull I'd? It does not match which I did not think much of either way as that cover could have come from anywhere...
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is called gen5 pump I believe? #21 and #26 are filters just hold your wallet tight before you check the price!
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Here is what I have...I have the pump and I have the inline filter, I don't have the spin on! Line goes from the tank, to the in line filter and the other side of the filter goes straight to the pump....I would assume this spin on would be in between somewhere and not after the pump itself, correct? Had the motor out, I sure did not see anything anywhere else, that's for sure. I have a strainer for the ginny that sits right there where I'd think this would be mounted on a stringer......perhaps you can't get both!
  • Options
    Oh crap then.....I know the cover...should have done that when the motor was out...below the motor mount is a puzzle but will take a look...thanks Al....
  • Options
    Is the high pressure pump electrical or mechanical...sounds like something way to fancy to go wrong!
  • Options
    Ah, got it...a little taken back I did not see this..unless I run into problems, case closed..and already have the filter. Boat runs real well also....thanks for the input Al, and everyone else as well...it takes a village to own a boat!
  • Options
    I try to do the simple stuff myself, I like to tinker and be familiar with my engine and stuff so impossible for the novice to keep up!
  • Options
    Dang, I can't wait to get the boat home....I still don't see how I missed it...the cover I'm thinking of is on the port side cool fuel...have not really had to deal with motor issues but always looking at the mass of hoses that seem to go everywhere...