Options

Boston Boat Show

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
Went to the Boston boat show yesterday and sorry to say it was horrible. The show keeps getting smaller and smaller every year and boat prices keep going up and up. No Rinkers....... I talked to the guy from the closest Rinker dealer in this area (115 miles from Boston) and he said they only brought 1 brand (Glastron) because of the cost of the booths. So did a little research and found out that the display booths are between $30,000 and $50,000. Outrages!!!!! That costs hurts the show and ends up hurting boat buying for people on the financial bubble looking for a good deal..... Just say'n  
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outrageous cost, I'm surprised you even have a show. How could a dealer expect to recoup those cost in one boat show. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Our show last weekend was well attended but I don't know who is buying the new stuff around here. 19' Bowriders $50,000. 26'foot daybooks $80,000. Small cruisers $100,000 and up plus 15% sales tax. It doesn't warm up here until July and cools off in September. I paid $16,900 usd for my 04 212 10 years ago and can easily sell it today for $20,000. Used market is where its at. 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Those prices sound cheap compared to what I saw. 23 foot center console (300hp OB)$170,000. I must tell you IMO the new boats are F'n ugly. 40' Formula was brite blue with red and white "trim" it looked like a freaking clown car. Most of the new boats are neon color with glitter. OMG are they ugly. I do not understand what the boat makers are thinking.................... Just say'n 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com