Options

Factory Bilge oil absorbent Pad and Location for thru hull outdrive water pick ups

I think I know the answer but going to ask anyway,  My 2002 342 has a bilge diaper formed around the bilge pump/pickup.  Very neat but its way used and needs replaced.  Obviously I can go with off the shelf absorbent pads but does anyone know if there's a vendor who sells OEM equivalent diaper for this likely OEM absorbent pad?   

Another question - Marina is about to replace my Bravo 3's and I am also converting water pickups from through the drive to thru hull.  We plan on keeping the bravo pick up for cooling the outdrive only but Any recommendations where to put the new thru hull pick ups?  I want to be able to access the shutoffs so putting them back at the transom isn't convenient.  I think they would do best near the bulkhead where the current thru-hull pick up is for the genset.  Where did Rinker install them for those boats they came factory set up with thru hull cooling pickups??

Thanks in advance

Holy Smokes, don't forget the bilge plug!

Answers

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The factory mounted the thru hulls back as far as they could for water flow. Goes from the thru hull to a Y pipe to a sea strainer to the water pump. The Y pipe brings in the outdrive water. My boat is an 05 342definitely hard to reach but always in the deepest water.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Autodog61Autodog61 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Yep.  Thanks.  At least they are reachable there.  I will send this photo to my Mechanic for reference!  Its interesting because that OEM oil pad would not even come close to fitting in your 2005 with those pickups in there.  Looks like just throw down some pads. 
    Holy Smokes, don't forget the bilge plug!