Options

New blower question...thanks

cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
One of the blower plugs do not work. Both of the motors work off the one plug any ideas on how to fix the other connection. Thanks for your help
cruising on 6. tw0s
Post edited by cls10105 on

Comments

• Options
    Where are the fuses located for the blowers 
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    The blowers blow the air inside the engine room out causing a negative pressure. The breakers are at the helm. Push to reset.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @raybo3 ty sir
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    Either one of the blowers will work with the connection with 3 wires. Any ideas is this an aftermarket change or.
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options

cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    When u turn blower on from inside cabin it only turns on one for generator.when turned on from helm both turn on for running boat motors 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a factory connection.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    @bella-vita is correct.  Connect the 3-wire plug to the blower closest to the generator.  Connect the 2-wire plug to the other blower.  

The helm switch will power both plugs.  The cabin switch will only power the 3-wire switch.  
  • Options
    So any ideas on what i should try with the connection with 3 wires to get it working. What should i replace both of the switches the cabin and helm work for the one blower.
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Do they both turn on at same time ,or do u only get one to work at a time?
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    @bella-vita, only one at a time the one with wires dont work with either one of the switches 
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need a test light to check for gound. I don't think the switch is bad
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The blowers are usually routed through the internal fire suppression system if you have one.  If I recall, the idea was to prevent the blowers from running if the system has discharged so the halon could stay in the engine compartment and do it's job.  Might want to check and see if you have a similar set up.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Stodge's point can't be overstated.  Blowers are just one part of a carefully designed fire safety system.  If a fire in the engine room discharges the halon system, it automatically turns off the blowers to prevent them from removing the halon.  If the blowers continue to run, they are just feeding the fire with fresh oxygen.  
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    LaRea said:
    Stodge's point can't be overstated.  Blowers are just one part of a carefully designed fire safety system.  If a fire in the engine room discharges the halon system, it automatically turns off the blowers to prevent them from removing the halon.  If the blowers continue to run, they are just feeding the fire with fresh oxygen.  
    Coming from someone that has had their halon system discharge, I agree completely!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I do have the fire suppression thing but since one of the blowers work that wouldn't be the problem would it?
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    Do you have a Fireboy light at the helm?  Is the light off or on?
  • Options
    The light is actually missing 
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    Well, there's your sign.  Did they also remove the halon bottle in the engine room?  

Here's a wiring schematic.

• Options
    Well, there's your sign.  Did they also remove the halon bottle in the engine room?

Here's a wiring schematic.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Fireboy light missing might be your issue depending what someone did with the wiring connections. That light and the wire connections at the fire extinguisher are looped into the blower circuit. 

FWIW: I had to run a new/clean ground wire from the fire extinguisher to that light. Also had to replace the factory wire connection at the fire extinguisher (big resistance problem and major heat at the connection with the blowers on). 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Still have the bottle, i dont know if you guys remember but when i first got my boat the previous tech had switched the wires on ignition switch. When my tech was working on and had it apart it had a small green bulb attached to it an my tech did not know why he hust left after he fixed it.
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The green LED is the FireBoy indicator that is meant to be in the dash.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX