Options

Anybody replaced a windshield lately?

13»

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoW! @cherik , sorry to see that happen. @LaRea this is way better than going to the landfill, what are the chances!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    Nice!  I was thinking it should be about time for that windshield to show up!  Just in time for the big summer trips and to show us what it looks like at Rinkervous! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    After 3.5 months ... my boat has been made whole again.  Kudos to Ian, Billy and Matt at Champion Auto Glass in Woodbridge.  The new glass fits perfectly and the eisenglass is nice and tight.  Like it never happened.  Now I just need to settle up with the insurance company.

I had long discussions via text with the person in MI who was interested in re-using my Lexan window.  It would have been too expensive to ship it, so they had a local shop fab one for them.  If somebody reads this and wants the window, contact me.

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, I’m sure you feel much better now!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    sherimalcolmsherimalcolm Member Posts: 4
    Hi just had the same problem as you..window just popped from pressure..same spot on our rinker 342..do you have the part number our part # is unreadable 
  • Options
    2002 342 rinker
  • Options
  • Options
    We are going to try to make plexas temp window until we can get new one..we live in Michigan 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi just had the same problem as you..window just popped from pressure..same spot on our rinker 342..do you have the part number our part # is unreadable 
    The serial number for the windshield is under the rubber screw cover strip.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,562 mod
    What the ... that's three boats this summer with a broken port front windshield.  

It's the black rubber strip on the outside at the bottom.  Just pry it up with a screwdriver.  

I do still have my Lexan window, but it's probably not cost-effective to ship it to MI.  If you make one, get a 4'x8' sheet of 0.188" Lexan (polycarbonate).