Options

fueling my 2003 fiesta vee 250

shdwridrshdwridr Member Posts: 4

I was wondering if anyone else out there was having problems getting gas in there boat.

when I start pumping I get about 3 gallons in and then it starts shooting right back out. I have

put it in so slow and even then it comes back out. after a half hour and 15 gallons later I just

stop. I checked the tiny vent hole, and the first 8 inches or so are not clogged with anything.

Comments

• Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    I have to pump very very slow or fuel spits out my vents no matter what my fuel level is. I have a 94' 300fv
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    PartsManPartsMan Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    check the vent hose
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey shdw, Welcome to the forum. That has to be a frustrating problem.

PM is right. Could be a kink or debris in there. There was also a recent post by someone who found a loop or sag in the vent line that was trapping fluid not allowing the tank to vent properly. Apparently causing just enough resistance to kick the pump release off.

Hope that helps. Let us know what you find. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options

it is a very annoying problem. my tank is very flat, only 5-6 inches high on bottom of boat.

I think the gas must lay right were the hose goes in so even if I have a 1/4 tank

it must just lay in the back of the tank. I thinking about putting a separate vent with

larger hole. any input is always appreciated.

• Options
    PartsManPartsMan Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013

Question: Are you filling while on a trailer or in water?

My 232 when at a certain angle made it hard to fill the tank when on a trailer. If the boat was leaning towards the filler neck.

• Options

I am filling in water. I may borrow a friends trailer and try it on land.

guess I'll stress about it when I have to put more in. It's nice to know

I'm not the only one having these issues. If I find a solution I'll post it.