Options

Tundra T22 Refrigerator

Replacing T22 DC Fridge with Isotherm Cruise 65 AC/DC Black. The T22 is connected to Tundra TPS AC/DC Power Supply but the AC Plug of Power Supply is not in socket labelled Refrigerator - makes sense since T22 is DC only. But there is another set of wires connected to TPS Power Supply on Battery Terminal Screws with the Red-Black Battery feed wires. Anyone know what this second set of wires are feeding DC power to? Do I need to keep the TPS Power Supply with the new Isotherm AC/DC? 

Comments

• Options
    Peter1954Peter1954 Member Posts: 7
    Sorry. Forgot to specify boat. 2003 250 Fiesta Vee.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC power direct from batteries?? Can you post a schematic?
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you post a picture of the TPS power supply?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I think the second set is feeding the downstream forward bilge but am not sure. Looking for confirmation from anyone. Spoke to Isotherm technical support. Options are get a DC Only fridge and connect to current TPS or get a AC/DC fridge and use current TPS for DC connect as is and plug fridge's AC plug into an existing AC socket for fridge under cabinet. The fridge determines its power supply within its circuitry - no need for an external switch. 

• Options
    On the wiring diagram it shows it going to a light. You might have to follow the wires to see where it goes.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options

Light not in play as you can see no wires attached on terminal. Closer look at  second set shows the red wire to be red-blue stripe. You see anything with red blue stripe (or something similar). Anyway, hey thanks for commenting back. Appreciate it.
  • Options
    Hey, just googled blue-red wiring for boats and see that blue-red is for cabin lights. Ok, I will confirm next sunny day at the boat. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Here is a great chart on boat wiring colors.

Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    This is great. Now let me ask a stupid (well, really obvious) question. If the new fridge is being powered by both AC and DC, turning off the Fridge's circuit switch for the AC only turns off the AC power. The fridge continues to be powered by DC. So if I'm somewhere where shore power is not available and I don't want to let my batteries drain, I need to turn the fridge off from its internal control switch. So simple but I didn't get it before. 

Ordering the new fridge next week and we'll see how easy to install. 

• Options
    Correct. Or you can shut off the battery switch.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    On my boat, when I turn off the refrigerator switch on the AC panel, it switches to DC automatically. On the DC side there is no switch just a pop fuse that says "refrigerator". If I turn off the main DC power switch at the top of the DC side, the refrigerator loses power (unless the AC switch is on of course).
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)