Options

local boats?

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm looking at express cruisers and from the brands local in my area, bayliner- regal-four winds....I really like the Rinker but I can't find any in my area to look at.  I'm looking at a 2003/2005 250 and 270.....very concerned about being able to trailer the larger boat as we like to frequent different areas and do not plan on putting in a slip...question is, is there anyone halfway local to the Orlando area that has either of these boats that I can take a look at and perhaps get some first hand info on these boats?  I have what is listed as a local dealer however have never seen one of these boats on their lot and they handle more fishing/sport type boats.....thanks to anyone who can help or direct me to where I can look over these boats!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Thanks and nice boat!  I did see that group but looks like they travel in and bigger $$$ crowd than me!  I may have to settle for the little smaller as I will be working with an F150- it's rated for 11300 but this is a lot of boat...plus the cost difference between the 250 Rinker and the other bayliner/regal 26 boats is pretty large.  I need to find a 26 with a gen and that seems to be a little tough as well....but, we are trying!  I may take you up on a look at yours and thanks for the reply.

Regards,

• Options

Mike- will I think I have found my boat, a 2005 set up just the way I want and went over and looked at it this weekend...really nice boat at a great price and trying to work out the details. Your over in the area with a lot of what I call "skinny water" for sure. Our favorite destination is over around the Cayo Costa area (Port Charloette) barrier islands which to get to, especially where I go is very shallow. I've read that this boat will move in 17" of water trimmed up which from the mass of the boat seems impossible..what is your experience? I found a boat with the arch, 5.7L, generator with what I can only guess is every factory option and it has 200 hours on it....I hope I can pull it together before it's gone!

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with the deal. Make sure you get a good survey and understand that the trailer setup is a bit tricky to get right but will work if you're persistent. 24" is about min depth. 17" and you'll be sucking dirt/much/shells into parts that won't be happy. If you're anywhere near the area give me a call and I'd be happy to give it a look or you can stop by and check out our setup.

We've spent a lifetime boating around Charlotte Harbor and are very familiar with Pelican cove/Cayo Costa.  It's paradise. Send me a PM if you want to get a phone number. Cya Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl