Options

Size of aft bed in rinker 2002 fx 270

we are getting her next week and I need to order bedding/topper.  Please tell me what size the aft bed may be.  I can’t find that info anywhere.  

Comments

• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    we have a 06 270 ec =we use queen sheets..you have a cut out and a angle its not a perfect rectangle=at the foot starts out 52 x 74 but then goes to 64 x 74 =mattress must fit under ac vent by stairs= then angles in bow forward side ...we are thinking about buying a 4 inch gel foam topper then using the  the original foam as the template = members please chime in =i was getting ready to post a who has done 
    also have been watching on how to cut different toppers
    the 270 is a great boat= where are you boating
    thanks
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Welcome to the forum!  The 270 is one of the best single engine boats made.  As far as bedding, as already mentioned that you won't have a perfect fit unless you go custom ($$).  & for a topper, just cut out a queen to fit.  The topper does make it so much better.  We have that for our bed in the bow (cut out a king size topper).  

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    cristykcristyk Member Posts: 29
    edited March 2019
    Thank you for the info.  I have so much to learn and  am in nesting mode right now, trying to make sure we can stay on board right away.

We are boating on the Alton Pool in the Mississippi River. (By St. Louis, MO). We will have her at the Yacht Club St. Louis.  If you happen to be our way look for “Ketch of the Day”. 🙂
  • Options
    laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    I have a 2005 270 and went to Big Lots and got a queen size 4 inch memory form. You will just have to cut it while in place to fit the V berth. A queen size mattress cover will work but you will need to fold under in spots. No need for custom anything! You can cut memory form with sharp scissors. 
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A electric knife will cut though the memory foam like butter. After that you can cut your ham for Easter.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    i like ham =we are from springfield mo = boating on table rock = wife ,dog and i use the aft for our sleeping = a  day of sun,swimming maybe a beverage = we sleep like rocks = it stays dark and cool ======hava great season
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my 280, I also use queen size sheets in on the aft cabin bed. They are just about right. I am considering adding a topper to the bed to make it more comfortable.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!