Options

Navigation Lights Not Working

ajdesalvoajdesalvo Member Posts: 5

The red/green lights on the bow do not work on my 2011 260 EC.

The white light on the radar arch works in both positions on the rocker switch.

I cannot locate a fuse diagram for the fuses located under the steering wheel on the helm.

Can someone tell me where I might find that info?

Comments

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod

Is it a single red/green unit at the tip of the bow? If so, I'd check the bulb (ie. loose, corroded socket, bad bulb, etc.). There should be a breaker for the nav lights but I believe the anchor light is on the same one so that's probably not it.  If you have a voltmeter, check for voltage at the nav light.

Mark

Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options

Hi Mark!  there are two lights, one on each side of the windlass.

Not much of a night navigator so I had not noticed when they stopped working.

the anchor light is lit both sides of the rocker switch.  Could be the switch I suppose.

Thanks for your reply!!!!!

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    Hmmmmm.. . ... if it's two separate lights I'd open up the helm and have a peek.   Could be a loose wire at the spade terminal on the switch. 

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options

thanks Mark, will have a go at it in the morning!!

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are bulb type lights, check both for burt out or corroded sockets. Probably your issue. Use a dielectric grease with the bulbs when replacing to help prevent corrosion.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options

All set now, nav lights are shining!

Port nav light bulb was blown.

Starboard was a harness connection issue.

thanks everyone!

• Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    When trouble shooting electric always start at the issue and work back
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    Dudek48117Dudek48117 Member Posts: 1
    I am having a similar problem with my 1998 Captiva 272.  I recently purchased the boat and found the bow navigation light not working.  The rocker switch when switched down lights up the clear mast on the stern but the navigation lights on the bow does not light.  When switching the rocker switch up, the navigation light on the bow does not light and the clear mast light on the stern goes off.  I replaced the bulb in the bow navigation light but it still does not light.  I'm torn between the light mount being 'burnt' out or the switch not working properly.  I am under the assumption that the one position lights both the bow navigation light and the aft clear mast and the other only illuminates the aft mast.  If I am correct with the switch functions, then I am confused why the no lights illuminate when switched in the down position.  Any ideas?  Plus, where can I get a replacement bow navigation light if the base is the issue?  Thanks!