Options

Personal opinion or political comment removed.

Comments

• Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Been in the printing business 40 years 1995 opened my own shop it was like printing money till 911 the next year it all fell apart it’s been a struggle ever since  .but I’m still there 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew that would be an interesting thread, I knew there were some really smart people on this forum! 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    edited April 2019
    Science guy.  Inventor.  [Edit, I left the details up for a couple days and now I'm taking it down for privacy.]  
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Handymans342 wealth is measured in the amount hugs went you get home. Not $$ in the bank. We are waiting for your occupation.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    Financial Advisor in the banking channel. 
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Manager for a handful of hospital-based sleep disorder clinics. Got my start as a sleep technician working midnights and worked my way up. Still work one midnight shift a week for extra money. Also, retired Gigolo. :D
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "sleep disorder" aka lots of hot ladies coming in who need help "falling asleep" 

We get it :open_mouth:
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Handymans342 wealth is measured in the amount hugs went you get home. Not $$ in the bank. We are waiting for your occupation.
    He's got to be some kind of engineer. 
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Handyman342 is, well, the handyman! without the 342 anymore :)  (I do like official FL Rinker greeter!  Kind of similar to the Walmart one...)

Let's see, I also work on things that find bad things/people far away.  Both Electrical & Systems engineer, but mainly manage money and lead people nowadays.  Hoping to end this job early and not only become a live-aboard, but work on boats as a hobby (to help support the habit)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Director of Technical Services for a large multinational, leading a team of support engineers covering the Americas. Literally from the bottom (Chile, Peru) to the top (places in the arctic circle).

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    rasbury said:
    I knew that would be an interesting thread, I knew there were some really smart people on this forum! 
    Hey rasbury I did the same thread about 3 years ago and yes very interesting with some of the career's forum members have. Fun thread!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    raybo3 said:
    rasbury said:
    Hey rasbury I did the same thread about 3 years ago and yes very interesting with some of the career's forum members have. Fun thread
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable, everyone is rich. 
    Define rich.  To me, rich is having a waterfront house in Florida.  (Ignore the fact that I have a waterfront house in Michigan)

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No wonder I can't afford our boat....I need a much better job!
  • Options
    Stodge said:
    Define rich.  To me, rich is having a waterfront house in Florida.  (Ignore the fact that I have a waterfront house in Michigan)
    Waterfront homes on canals in Florida are cheap maintaining a boat, not
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    Vacant lots on a canal in Cape Coral are $375k - $500k or more.  Houses on canals start around $750k.  That's not cheap to me.

I think we have different definitions of "rich" and "cheap".  :smile:

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    mvnmvn Member, Moderator Posts: 744 mod
    VP & COO of an aerospace and defence firm making things that go boom in the night.

Mark
    Good,  fast,  cheap.... pick two. 
    2019 MTX20 Extreme

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Stodge said:
    Stodge said:
    Vacant lots on a canal in Cape Coral are $375k - $500k or more.  Houses on canals start around $750k.  That's not cheap to me.

I think we have different definitions of "rich" and "cheap".  :smile:

For $750k in Cape Coral, you are going to have one of the better homes there.  A median home on a canal there goes for $300-400k.  A median home on water on the Chesapeake around Annapolis?  Let's just say I don't have one, cause I wouldn't have a boat, a car, umm, or anything else except a giant mortgage! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

To afford a boat? Well, kind of ... I'd call that a luxury.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    I help build our  highways and roads
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    I help build our  highways and roads
    Well according to my family in Buffalo you are not doing a good job. LOL
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Thats why I drive a truck lol.We have some rough roads! 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    Rich? No. My income is a little above average for my area but I also have more bills than the average person around here...lol.
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    J3ff said:
    "sleep disorder" aka lots of hot ladies coming in who need help "falling asleep" 

We get it :open_mouth:

Ugh, I wish. Very little talent coming into the sleep lab. Mostly grumpy old guys, so basically a bunch of Handymans' LOL
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I'm rich alright.  Trying to figure out how we are going to afford a second story addition to our 999 sqft ranch home.  Selling the boat wouldn't solve any of the money issues.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    boatman37 said:
    Rich? No. My income is a little above average for my area but I also have more bills than the average person around here...lol.
    Lets talk about bill's.....lol the first $1720 per month out of my pay check is alimony, Judge ordered me to pay a life insurance policy on me for my ex at another $200 per month. I own a boat, a townhouse condo with HOF, an Infinity car, and now I have grandchildren....lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is HOF??
    The HOF is David Hasslehoff. Ray is one lucky guy! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019