Options

Does anyone boat in Lake George??

strictlybliznesstrictlybliznes Member Posts: 46
Hey all, wondering if anyone boats in the queen of lakes.. my family and I booked a trip there for late July from a Wednesday to Saturday.. and I’m contemplating bringing my 192. We are renting a pontoon because I have a large family but think it’d be cool to have a sports boat there for some morning wakeboard/tube/ski sessions for my cousins to try out. Question is I know the lake can get pretty rough, I do have hydraulic trim tabs on the boat.. will my 192 handle this? I’ll have 3 solid days of weekday boating so I’m assuming that will work in my favor as far as rough water due to boat traffic, but not sure how much of a difference that makes. Basically not sure if it’s worth to tow my boat 3 hours, worth It 100% in my book if I can enjoy it and not get banged around constantly. Any input super appreciated 
Post edited by strictlybliznes on

Comments

• Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be fine in a 192 on lake george.. going through the same thing over here. Picked up a 3 person turbocharged jetski with 5 hours on the clock over the winter. Wondering if it's worth it to tow it 4 hours to cape cod or not. Part of me thinks "really??? you're going to leave it at home?? and the other thinks maybe it isn't worth it." 

Always remember "Life is short" have to enjoy it to the fullest, bring the boat, I'll end up bringing the jetski :) 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Bring the boat .Thats a beautiful lake ,You might want to call a few places for a slip so you wont have to take it in and out 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    And be prepared for inspection and clean out before launching and this is a busy time so allow for it.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    LaxBouncerLaxBouncer Member Posts: 18
    Grew up in Lake George/Saratoga. You'll be fine, make sure you stop in at Log Bay and Sandy Bay! Beautiful area. 
    2001 270 "Salty Disposition"