Does anyone have a tv mounted to the outside of the cabinet where the original tv went on a 2002 342

cls10105cls10105 Cleveland TNPosts: 226Member ✭✭
Looking to put tv with a swivel arm and extension on the side where the cd changer is but not sure what size to get. 
cruising on 6. tw0s

Answers

• reneechris14reneechris14 Pawcatuck river CTPosts: 1,960Member ✭✭✭✭
    I put only a 22" because of the 12volt seems to me the 32" are all 120v. Use the mount from Amazon so I can spin to the V birth or salon table. Does not come out enough to see from the mid birth.folding down on the tissue box keeps it place
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 1,115Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 15
    Looking back at what I bought the first surprise was that it was 5 years ago! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O1UYHG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 is what I used for my 22" Samsung. Works well, I actually have it mounted on the inside of the cupboard, left side as you look at it. That way it folds back against the old cupboard as I don't have this sliding door and swings out nicely to view from aft berth. (mine is 310, similar layout). I use some Styrofoam bottle shipping halves to hold the red wine laying flat in the cupboard and the WiFi router is there also.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Rear Commodore, Crescent Boat Club

• RansnanRansnan Essex MDPosts: 73Member ✭✭
    We put a 32" on but on the other side.
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,555Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 16
    I just remounted mine. I’ll get pics. 

This is the new mount I used. Locks in place. My old one would always end up whacked out from rough water. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F2OZ0VM?ref_=pe_1196280_123950170

I got rid of the arch antenna too. Use this when docked:

https://www.dishformyrv.com/new-dish-playmaker-portable-satellite-tv-antenna

$5/month adder to my DISH bill. 

Post edited by Black_Diamond on

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • johnepjohnep Seacoast NHPosts: 77Member ✭✭
    edited April 16
    I replaced mine and installed an inverter for when we want silent power. I also am installing a mount on the radar arch so we can watch there as well. Has worked well for both the aft and forward berths.

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Holland, MichiganPosts: 4,555Member ✭✭✭✭✭

2003 342FV "Black Diamond", 350 MAG MPI, 20P 4x4 Props, PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • cls10105cls10105 Cleveland TNPosts: 226Member ✭✭
    Thanks guys for your help. Hopefully installing mine this weekend. Not sure with Easter but going to try. I went with a 24” tv
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • MojosBoatMojosBoat Murfreesboro TN Posts: 56Member ✭✭
    edited April 22
    I am looking at doing something similar with my tv. I have a 32 in and was going to mount it on the flat surface about the rear berth but it is going to interfere with closet door. I decided to mount it to the original cabinet with a swing arm. 

Post edited by MojosBoat on
    ALL IN, 342 FV Twin 350MPI Bravo 3 drives, 
  • cls10105cls10105 Cleveland TNPosts: 226Member ✭✭
    Nice, that should look good 
    cruising on 6. tw0s