Options

Bravo 3 Anode Replacement

Changing out the anodes on Bravo 3. Round one on underside (bolts in from bottom) is really stuck. Tried prying off with long screw driver from bolt opening without success. Try tapping with hammer or wd-40 ? 

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Heat gun might be another option too.  I wouldn't want to be too aggressive.  You'll need to put the replacements back on using the same taped holes in the outdrive.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    yeah I'd hit it a few times with pb blaster and let it work for a while.  Then go back and tap it with a hammer and punch.  Heat gun I don't think would be enough...I'd go maybe with a propane torch, but be very careful.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Are you trying to loosen the bolt?  Or did you already remove the bolt and the anode is stuck?  
  • Options
    robger99robger99 Member Posts: 7
    Bolt came out no problem. Anode stuck in place. 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    I've never seen this before, but I'll offer a suggestion.  Put a punch or screwdriver into the bolt hole, but at a sideways angle -- almost parallel to the cavitation plate.  Then tap with a hammer.  What you're trying to do is slide the anode sideways just a tiny bit to break the grip (in shear).

• Options
    robger99robger99 Member Posts: 7
    Ended up hammering a large flathead screwdriver into the anode at a low angle through the bolt hole. It finally popped out. Thanks for all the ideas.