Options

Xantrex Inverter/Charger on 2004 FV 270

hodgenpodghodgenpodg Member Posts: 1
I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have a Xantrex Freedom Marine 10 inverter/charger that is hooked up to two batteries in parallel (I believe).

Everything seems to be working and the control panel in my cabin shows full battery state.

My issues is that I'm not sure how to engage the system. I'm assuming its meant power 24v when we are on anchor (which we don't usually need so that's why I'm now just getting to this).

So far I've tried pressing the invert button on the control panel in the cabin which does seems to turn on the panel and show me that the batteries are in a full state. I've tried switching on breakers for outlets and microwave but they don't work. I also tried switching the generator power on the circuit panel and then trying individual circuit breakers like outlets and microwave but with no luck.

Does anyone here have the same setup? or something similar that might be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Instructions say the following for troubleshooting no inverter power output.

1. Battery voltage under load below 10 Volts. Charge batteries.
    2. Loose battery connections, open battery switch or blown DC fuse. Tighten connections or replace fuse.
    3. Tripped circuit breaker on front panel. Reset breaker.
    4. Thermal condition, high powered loads or inadequate ventilation may cause overheating. Allow to cool.
    5. Overloads or short circuit, check for excessive loads or bad wiring connections. Disconnect loads.

Found another forum thread that might help as well.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/archive/index.php/t-4942.html
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3