For sale: 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 320

2»

Comments

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a dynamite deal but your buddy needs to fire that broker today as he is short selling the boat. That broker has pics of a 270 or something like it mixed in to the ad, makes it look like the boat has a super small galley and v birth, those galley pics are not a 320. 
    I'd say why is he even using a broker at that price ... no point in paying anyone commission, that boat should easily sell at that price without any help.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    There was a class action lawsuit against volvo for the xpd drives. I am not sure what the full settlement was but i have heard of many completely removing the drives and replacing with non composite ones.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • natalee520natalee520 Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2022
    @J3ff I am so sorry to hear that about your boat!! I hope you've gotten most of the issues worked out by now. I've been told that problems are just par for the course in boat ownership, so I am trying my best to take it all in stride. I had hoped to buy a boat that didn't need anything...but here we are, projects all of us. In pre-covid times I think those therapy sessions were beers together, right? :) 

@Dutch320 thanks for the info about the rebuilt drives on Pop Pop, that's good to know. I appreciate it! 

@rkinross the way the mechanic explained it to me, the drives are basically plastic? So if you don't hit anything you might be fine for a long time...but if you do...they will most likely shatter. And I guess there's other issues with them too that others can speak to more intelligently than me. 

@LaRea and everyone, thanks for the offers to help! It turns out in the end all it needed was a new fuel pump and a belt -- pretty standard stuff -- plus a gentle hand and my kind and excellent mechanic who showed me how to check the oil and what levels of things to look for to make sure each time we went out it was running tip top. I had to wait a while for the good mechanic over the summer but the wait was well worth it! 
    Post edited by natalee520 on
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MarkB said:
    I'd say why is he even using a broker at that price ... no point in paying anyone commission, that boat should easily sell at that price without any help.
    @MarkB the owner had a long drive to the marina.  It was not practical for him to show the boat, and he was willing to pay a broker to show it.  This was way before COVID ... boats weren't moving like they are now.  
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    MarkB said:
    @MarkB the owner had a long drive to the marina.  It was not practical for him to show the boat, and he was willing to pay a broker to show it.  This was way before COVID ... boats weren't moving like they are now.  
    OK, that makes more sense ... but still, he could probably put that boat up on Facebook Market and for that price sell it in one month.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"