Help with Nav/Anchor Switch

CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
My Navigation/Anchor switch went bad and I've been searching online with zero luck in finding one with this prong set up on the backside.  I've ordered 2 switches already and both came with 5 and 6 prongs on the back.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.  
2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down

Comments

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Its a little tricky trying to figure it out without a meter. I am sure one is for 12+ coming in and 2 are for 12- for the red and green lights. The you should have 1 each for the nav lights your turning on. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Basically it is a switch that reverses polarity as it turns on each way you push it, thus the crossed conductors on the back. This is where you’d connect the + and - on each of these, the other 2 terminals are what go to the windlass. If red is up then it should light when pressed that way and windlass wind up the rode; but you may need to swap the outbound connections to drive the windlass the right way.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    Found the exact replacement on EBay.
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down