Options

AC HPF Error Help Flushing

MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
Hi all,

I have my boat in a canal that has a lot of sand/silt. It's only 8 feet deep so passing boats kick up this fine silt and it gets sucked into my AC lines. I have to clean the AC strainer once or twice a month. However, in spite of having a clean strainer, I still get the dreaded HPF error often.

Any thoughts on how to clear out the lines without having to do the barnacle buster thing? I just need to make sure the lines are clear and primed when I clean out the strainer. Is it simply a matter of running a water hose into the system via the outlet thru-hull point in the bow?

Thanks,

Art
2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    I would definitely try running the hose in the bow first.  I know many people that do that with an air compressor for winterizing.  Maybe there is a better filter you can install as well that would help collect the fine stuff before it gets to the AC?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do not over pressure with a hose. That raw water system for AC is very low pressure. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    And there are 2 small white plugs in the top of the pump you can pop out. One winterization by the marina service this happened and luckily I found them.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/