Mounting a radar arch on 270

rdragerdrage Member Posts: 3
hi, new to the forum , I have 04 270 FV that did not come with the radar arch installed. I bought the a OEM radar arch from Great Lakes skipper for my 270. But did not hv hardware or template. Has anyone installed radar arch that can help me out . Called Rinker didn’t get no answer on a email or phone call. 

Comments

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard @rdrage

Your best bet might be to find a local marine shop that does fiberglass work and see if they can help you out.  More than likely you'll have to figure out the placement from scratch.  

Best of luck.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @rdrage - can't offer any help...but I'm interested in seeing a picture of your boat with the arch installed....and how hard was it to install?  Was it DIY?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one at my marina with a factory arch. I will try and grab some pics and measurements for you the next time I am at my boat. The one thing that I do know is that it has to be high enough to get the bimini top UNDER the arch. There is another 270 at my marina that had an arch installed after the fact and whoever installed it, did it too low, so the bimini had to be modified to attach to the arch.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • 04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    I can get some pictures and measurements tonight. I'll be working on my boat.
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Ill try to get some measurements this weekend
  • rdragerdrage Member Posts: 3
    There is one at my marina with a factory arch. I will try and grab some pics and measurements for you the next time I am at my boat. The one thing that I do know is that it has to be high enough to get the bimini top UNDER the arch. There is another 270 at my marina that had an arch installed after the fact and whoever installed it, did it too low, so the bimini had to be modified to attach to the arch.
    I can get some pictures and measurements tonight. I'll be working on my boat.
    GMSLITHO said:
    Ill try to get some measurements this weekend
    Guys thank you very much ! I Appreciate all the help I can it . Been calling Rinker since Monday still  no answer.