Any one with a 1978 Rinker T15

My boat got totaled while in transit to the lake.   I have a brand new never used Bimini, Bow, and Boat Cover for the boat.  1978 Rinker model T15.    Is there anyone out there with that model that is interested in this Bimini, Bow, and Boat Cover?   I can send more Pics if wanted.

Comments

• skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    What happened?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch.  From the transom damage, I'm guessing the boat was rear-ended by an inattentive driver staring at a cell phone.  I hope you find somebody here, but there aren't a lot of people on this forum with vintage boats.  Good luck.
  • rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    @crinker7887 Hi,  I have a 1982 Rinker V153 that looks very similar.  The color of my boat exterior and interior are identical.  My bow is different because it is a deep v but the Bimini looks like it might fit.  How much are you asking for the Bimini?  Are you parting out the rest of the boat?  I've got a few cracks in my seats that I am thinking about fixing.  I can live with them the way they are but it would be better fixed.  Do you know the name of the exterior color?  I have had a difficult time trying to buy patch paste from Spectrum because their records do not go back that far.
  • crinker7887crinker7887 Member Posts: 4
    rkinross said:
    @crinker7887 Hi,  I have a 1982 Rinker V153 that looks very similar.  The color of my boat exterior and interior are identical.  My bow is different because it is a deep v but the Bimini looks like it might fit.  How much are you asking for the Bimini?  Are you parting out the rest of the boat?  I've got a few cracks in my seats that I am thinking about fixing.  I can live with them the way they are but it would be better fixed.  Do you know the name of the exterior color?  I have had a difficult time trying to buy patch paste from Spectrum because their records do not go back that far.
    The rest of the boat has been trashed.  Just saved the covers and some miscellaneous small things.  I do not know the name of the color of the covers.  I will have to ask my dad about price and if he is willing to split things up. We owned it together. 
    LaRea said:
    Ouch.  From the transom damage, I'm guessing the boat was rear-ended by an inattentive driver staring at a cell phone.  I hope you find somebody here, but there aren't a lot of people on this forum with vintage boats.  Good luck.
    Yep. It was a distracted driver.  He claimed he was reaching for something on his passenger floor and then next thing he knew is was in the back of our boat.  The cop who had been on the force for 20+ years didn't even know how to write it up he had never seen something like it. 
    rkinross said:
    The rest of the boat has been trashed.  Just saved the covers and some miscellaneous small things.  

That is too bad it just ended up in the trash.  Those seats look to be in great condition.  There are other parts that are worth salvage also like the bow light, stern light, gas tanks,  vinyl flap over gas tank, cleats...  Is there a phone number for the junk yard?  Maybe if I call them I could still get those seats.  

@crinker7887 That is too bad it just ended up in the trash.  Those seats look to be in great condition.  There are other parts that are worth salvage also like the bow light, stern light, gas tanks,  vinyl flap over gas tank, cleats...  Is there a phone number for the junk yard?  Maybe if I call them I could still get those seats.
  • onklsven75onklsven75 Member Posts: 1
    I know this post is a year old, but do you still have anything? Sorry about the accident :-(. 
    I know this post is a year old, but do you still have anything? Sorry about the accident :-(. 
    Just have the cover and Bimini cover.  What are you looking for?
  • wadec47wadec47 Member Posts: 1
    Im many years late , b ut i just purchased a ‘78 Tri-15 ,,,
    any covers left ?
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @wadec47 -- FYI, @crinker7887 hasn't visited here in almost a year.  But congratulations on the purchase ... hope you'll post some pictures!