TORONTO INTERNATIONAL BOAT SHOW

We are excited about being in Toronto! This will be quite the show. Rinker Boats will be represented by Walker Marine Sales from Chatham, Central Marine from Midland, and Advanced Marine from Lake Belwood. Join the Rinker family when you come see us at the largest North American indoor boat show to check out the Rinker lineup: 370EX, 320EX, 290EX, 270EX, 26QX CC, Q5, Q3 OB, 23QX CC, 22MTX CC, 20MTX, 18QX.

DATES: January 18 – 27, 2019

LOCATION: Enercare Centre, Exhibition Place,  100 PRINCES’ BLVD., TORONTO, ON M6K 3C3

HOURS: Friday (1/18) 2 – 8pm, Weekdays (21 – 25) 11am – 8pm, Saturdays (19 & 26) 10am – 7pm, Sunday (1/20) 10am – 6pm, Sunday (1/27) 10am – 5pm

TICKETS: https://torontoboatshow.tix123.com/

-Rinker Boat Co. Marketing

Comments

• crackerjackcrackerjack Member Posts: 12
    Waiting patiently for the T.O. show. I will be there.   Crackerjack 🙂😉🙃
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Sounds like really good showing of Rinker boats!  I love seeing so many Rinker dealers coming back strong and having such a great turnout at the boat shows!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gang from Central Marine and Walker's did a great job last year, and it looks even bigger and better this year. There were a couple of HUGE Carver's and Sea Ray's that of course had the drones lined up, but as far as breadth of line-up and some nice medium to larger size cruisers, the Rinker display kicked butt!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Well, it was the same here Willhound.  At the Annapolis boat show, Hawk Yacht's did a wonderful display of Rinker boats.  He had all the cruiser's as well as the flashy Q boats.  Sounds like Rinker is kicking butt at all the shows! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Heading to the show tomorrow. Can't wait. Weather is going to suck though.
    -10F with wind chill and 6 to 8 inches of snow. City should be paralysed. Good day to be inside at the show.
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I have some friends who went.  Looking forward to hear what they think of the show.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Just started last night with special "pre-view" night. First full day of operation is today.
    Gettin' ready to head to the show! Hardly slept last night, more excited than Christmas....will post Rinker pics.
  • MeltomMeltom Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    Hope to go this friday. Not buying new but neeeeed to be on the water this summer.
    edited January 2019
    Show was pretty good. Lot's of Rinker's as you will see in the pics. There was a 270, 290, 320 and 370 on the cruiser side, and a bunch of O.B.'s and CC's. The 370 apparently had sold on opening preview night. As an owner of a 2000 model 270 it was disappointing to find how cramped the 270 felt in the cabin and the head. I think the 290 is closer in size to my old 270, they felt about the same. I apologize for some of the pics, I haven't had time to rotate them all. There are some shots of the weather of course. If you look close at the pics of Toronto Harbour with the canoe racks you can see the airplanes lined up at Toronto Island Airport while they tried to plow the runway. We thought with the weather the show might be slow but to the contrary it was packed as you will see in the pic of the food area. I guess people thought it better to be doing something inside. Couple of interesting things we saw include the new 425 HP Yahama outboard and the 35 foot open deck ocean fishing boat that had three of them mounted on it!  Or how about a 1350 HP turbo charged Mercruiser?
    When you get to the Rinker pics I tried to keep them in order of size from 270 to 370 but you might find I snuck a few of the 290 in between as it was very popular and I had to get on it when I could. Any pricing you see is CDN of course so discount by 25% for USD. There are about 56 pics in total so instead of posting them all here I've provided this link to the cloud folder. (Edit: Should mention that the new hardtop option on the 290 was generating a lot of interest. Nice feature.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VUtC77FrRrYIE6BvJydmQQYHxm0Fh9_Y

Cheers!
    Meltom said:
    Hope to go this friday. Not buying new but neeeeed to be on the water this summer.
    There were quite a few brokers there and some of the dealers also had info on their used stuff. A suggestion that we tried two years ago when looking was we did up a one page "spec sheet" with our contact info and the features we were looking for and dropped one off with each of the brokers and dealers that we chatted with. Saved a lot of time and generated a bunch of leads that we could then check out. 
  • RustySRustyS Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

Went on Preview Day and hit up almost all the cruisers by all brands.

My fave was the 370 Rinker of course....liked the layout and pricing was comparable to other brands 330 models. Noticed the door above sink in cabin seemed to be hinged on wrong side. Other than that I loved it! Looks/feels like the 342 with updates. The 320 felt like an older model 290/300. Not as much space as you wold think.

Monterey packs a lot into their package; probably my 2nd most favorite.

Regal was nice but not a fan of the front bed extension feature on 2 models. WHile it adds to space, I would not want to go through the effort.

4 Winns seemed over priced; but nice just the same. their 375 had lots of features and was quite fancy!

SeaRay didn't bring too much to the show IMHO. They were easily outdone by other brands.

Overall, the interiors all have gone to colors, patterns, and laminates that I don't necessarily like. The fit & finish on most all seem to be lacking IMHO.

Probably the largest representation of cruisers I have ever experienced! There was also a large variety of other support and accessory vendors. I will return next year and make sure I visit on a regular day with more hours to experience with more time. Preview Day hours were only 2pm-8pm.

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Nice pictures thanks for sharing
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for wright up and pictures guys'. Being from small towns that's the biggest boat show I've seen. From those new boat prices it make's frodo's 2008 320 look like a steal @ $86,000. Good crowd on a cold weekend. 

A -370 is $299,175 US
    A -290 is $179,925 US

Must be some rich a$$ Canadian's up there. 

Boat Name : 

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    As an owner of a 2000 model 270 it was disappointing to find how cramped the 270 felt in the cabin and the head. I think the 290 is closer in size to my old 270, they felt about the same.
    The 270EX is a rebadged 260EC, so it would be smaller than your 270FV. For sake of comparison, it would be the equivalent of the 250FV, just updated. The 290 is the old 280EC, but they refreshed the cockpit layout. It would be considered the updated 270FV, so you are correct, it is closer to the size if the 270FV.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Thanks @Cableguy Greg that all fits with what I was seeing. Both the 270 and 290 had a much better upper cockpit seating layout than my era 270. One of my pet peeves is always that big long curved seat on the port side rather than a shorter one with a rearward facing seat and table. Nicer for sitting around with friends.
    randy56 said:
    Thanks for wright up and pictures guys'. Being from small towns that's the biggest boat show I've seen. From those new boat prices it make's frodo's 2008 320 look like a steal @ $86,000. Good crowd on a cold weekend. 

A -370 is $299,175 US
    A -290 is $179,925 US

Must be some rich a$$ Canadian's up there. 

Part of the issue is that exchange has gotten a bit worse on our end, about 3 to 4 percent over last year.....and there are also now tarrifs on new boats. As an example, the 270 was priced at I believe $129,000 last year and it's $141,000 this year.
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    BTW if you can get 25% on your dollar do it now. Bank to bank is closer to 30% with exchange rates below $100K closer to 33%+ (as of last Friday). I monitor the currency pretty carefully through KnightsBridge Exchange (the best guys around). Huge deals for Americans on used Canadian boats.....just double checked - now - Bank to Bank is 33% - you'd be lucky to get 35% - and that would be on a big sum - that is a UGE difference. Maybe even Handy should come North shopping in his RV?
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good time to be selling a Canadian fresh water boat in the USA.  That's for sure.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Interesting that the 290 in Cleveland is shown with a show price of $165,995 but the same unit in Toronto is at $239,900 Canadian  which equals $179,637 USD. Ok, just using a Google'd exchange rate, but still about a $13 Grand higher price in Canada.
    Duty and Tarrifs?
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes for sure duty/tarrifs.  Trudeau's got to pay half of the third world nations off, after promising our money to everyone else.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• rmfridayrmfriday Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    Any pictures of the rinkers that where there?
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go up to Willhounds post on Jan 21, click on google drive at the bottom of his post. 
    Boat Name : 

This discussion has been closed.