You must be well off
    We skipped having children.  
    Do you have a yearly boat budget?
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

Do you have a yearly boat budget?
    What is that?? :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not every Boat is a yacht but that my friend is a very nice yacht. Good for you 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • WildboatingWildboating Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    Technically considered that, but it feels weird hearing it.  I thank you for the compliments,we are very happy with it so far and look forward to many great memories and trips.  Our retirement goal is to do the great loop, and this will very well be our loop boat.
    2003 Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee, 350 Mag MPI, Bravo 3 2.20:1 w/ 22p 4 x4 props

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Technically considered that, but it feels weird hearing it.  I thank you for the compliments,we are very happy with it so far and look forward to many great memories and trips.  Our retirement goal is to do the great loop, and this will very well be our loop boat.
    Perfect loop boat. I take it the boat is under 19' from the waterline to the top of the arch.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect loop boat. I take it the boat is under 19' from the waterline to the top of the arch.

Uh oh. That may be a deal breaker. That would be an awesome boat to go to the keys in
    18’ 5 to top of radar on arch!!  

• jbschmalz23jbschmalz23 Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful boat!!!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Not every Boat is a yacht but that my friend is a very nice yacht. Good for you 
    Not really true. Definition:  A yacht is a watercraft used for pleasure or sports. 
     Now a "Luxury Yacht" is totally dirrerent. Now remember most people on this forum belong to a yacht club................... Just say'n lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    18’ 5 to top of radar on arch!!  
    Perfect! You are ready for the loop! It sure is a beautiful boat!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too sexy, you will not want to go back to work on Monday. 
    Boat Name : 

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I will ask what everyone else is wondering.....what's the cost of a boat like this?
    150000 and above
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    My dad always said if you do the work yourself it’s a boat if you pay to have it done it’s a yacht
    Looking on yachtworld, that would be the down payment! So what is the difference between a sedan, pilot house and flybrige? I thought all flybrige boats also have controls on the main deck. Have not checked my lottety ticket yet this am so trying to be prepared...
    @rasbury if you want Cummins you have to pay!!
    I see gassers for 250.... those are some boats! 
    edited February 2019
    The average cost is between 190,000 to 280,000.  Again, outside of my comfort zone but no matter how hard I tried I could not find any other boat with the amenities, style and fuel economy.  I always came back to the 411 and figured that my forever boat better be what i really loved and not something i compromised on.  Work harder, save more etc and wait for one to be under 175,000.  My patience and commitment paid off, as I found the right boat with a seller in a unique position.  He “had” to sell as he was being stationed over seasons for the foreseeable future along with his family home being relocated.  He asked 190,000 i offered 170,000 he declined but came back weeks later and asked if I would still be interested. Short story is I had found another I was about to place offer on and he realized he was out of time with no other active buyers who were really buying. He said give me payoff and get it out in 2 weeks.  145k for a boat that is worth $211,000.   I was not able to ensure it for less, the lowest valuation was $211,000 according to insurance co and surveyor.  If you told me you could buy one with diesels for under $150 I would have said no way. Maybe in 10 more years. I watched daily for years, before I even bought my 342.  I truly was in love with this model boat and made it my screensaver goal. The downside to such a big boat is the additional cost to ship it, it was something I had to keep adding in to what I felt a particular was worth.  I am not getting upside down In something especially as hard as a boat is in the event i had to sell. I estimated $10,000 based on bad info provided, cheapest I was able to find with reputable shipper rang the bell at 16k.  Ouch.

So there is the story, how a guy with a fantasy made it his reality.   But let’s talk about what everyone really wants to know.. Payments... $950 per month for 20 years, something i would never had done except I have so much instant equity. 😳😳.    Tomorrow is not promised my friends, live for today.  My payment on my 342 was $500, double the payment but got a home in every city on the water. 

Where was the boat? It wasnt cheaper to hire a captain to drive it there if that was possible?
    Good story, you stole the boat. Where was it shipped from?
    Boat Name : 

In land lake unfortunately, otherwise I would have drove it home!!  I had hoped to find one accessible by the Great Lakes.  That would have been an amazing way to break in a new to you boat!!

Well I'm proud of you for doing the right thing .You wont regret it as we did the same thing with our RV
    Came out of Atlanta, Ga.   Oh, ps..  advice to all future boat buyers, I wish I would have known or the trucker would have suggested that wrapping the boat prior to shipping would be advisable.  The soot from the semi was everywhere!! The whole bridge was covered with a layer. 

Oh, for the record... i still think the 342 is one sexy looking boat.  LOVE the lines of it.  I will always be a Rinker fan and member as long as you will all still have me.  

Raybo will ban you
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Raybo will ban you
    @Handymans342 its going to be hard to ban anyone after all you have survived this long............Bahahahahahahaha
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    Fresh water boat's, are a better buy, Lot of things you don't have to worie about. I bet that soot was a lot of extra work cleaning up. That was a stiff shipping bill. one time cost, if ya would have had kids.
    The estimated cost of raising a child from birth through age 17 is $233,610 -- or as much as almost $14,000 annually, the Department of Agriculture says. That's the average for a middle-income couple with two children.
    One kid equals one 411
    Boat Name : 

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ain't kidding I raised 4 girls that's  a million.
    So a $60,000 342 is drop in the bucket.
    I also live for today every day.
    Nice story way to be patient and know when to jump.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct