Sanitation lines replacement - permeated hose

Has anyone changed out their sanitation lines on a 31EC FV?   Is it a straight shot?  How long did it take?  Any suggestions on how best to do it?

Comments

• SpacelordSpacelord Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I did it on a 312.  Yes basically a straight shot. (up and down a bit)
    31EC could be different of course.. but some of these tips are sure to help.

I bought a bunch of bright yellow rope from home depot and duct taped the end with 3 sets of yellow rope. Which also seals the hose to prevent extra moisture from coming out.  Pulled the old hose through pulling the yellow strings with it.
    Then with the new hose reversed the process, but pushing it through from the tank, and pulling with the yellow line.  It takes 2 people.  One to push the hose from the tank and the other to watch and pull the with the yellow rope to help guide it.
    Figure out what compartments you need to get into to follow the hose and snip the wire ties that may be holding the hose.
    I left 1 or 2 yellow ropes through there in case I ever need to pull a speaker wire or who knows what through again.  :)
    A heat gun helps the hose go onto the fittings easier.  -- cheapo at Harbor Freight does the trick.
    I'd plan on 4 hours.. but the time you figure out where it all goes and the compartments you need to follow it through.
    I also bought a hose snipper from home depot.  less than $10.. much better cuts than trying to do it with a simple blade.

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, need to do mine this winter. Problem I see is finding those last couple of hidden ties that have it bound to the wiring loom or other holding clamps.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have recommendations of one type over another? Seems Shields and Trident are the main ones out there.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the white sanitation lines are good. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI