Bravo 3 moisture, loose drain screw!

2»

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought 1 qt of mineral spirits and filled the monitors 1/3 full and shook them until they were clean. Did that 3-4 times dumping and re filling. Not sure that is right but it worked great! 1qt was more than enough for 2 monitors and several douches each 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    LaRea said:
    @Dream_Inn how do you clean it?  

Well, it takes me a while as I'm sure there is an easier way.  I can't get myself to use chemicals in it with those gaskets in there that could be eaten away in time (just my opinion).  But, I use paper towels in it and get all the oil and smudge out.  Since I do it every year, there really isn't much smudge, so it doesn't take very long to do.  It's one of those things I do while the drives are draining.  It's quite the process I have going, especially if you think about doing it all out on the lift. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont disagree on the concern about chemicals, I wouldn't leave mineral spirits in the monitors for hours or overnight, but for cleaning them out @Black_Diamond has commented on here several times about using brake cleaner or mineral spirits to clean out the lube monitors so thats why I went with spirits. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used mineral spirits per @Michael T 's advice and it worked great.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't recall...but enough to know it was not going to seal...45 bucks on eBay.
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... several douches each 
    I was wondering how many of those would be required!