Options

Rinker 400 EC

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
I thought it'd be neat to start an individual topic specifically for the Rinker 400 EC model.  This would be a good place to discuss what is liked about the boat, as well as not liked.  This could be usueful not only for future buyers (both new & used), but also for the designers.  I'll add some of my thoughts at a later date here, but this can & should be for those that have owned the boat & those that have worked on them & even just hung out on them.  Let's stay specific to this model (the moderators will keep it that way) & encourage others to start the topic for other models. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Options
    riversideriverside Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hay Dream Inn

What about my 390 can I join the 400 club?

See YA SOON Aquaholic III

• Options
    ;;)

• Options
    Definitely agree Al!  I like to pick on Riverside.  He's one of those with the diesels (like someone else here 8-| ).  But the one item my wife had to have if we moved up was that rear seat on the swim platform!

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Did you guys know that my 2002 342FV is 38.5 feet overall from the end of the swim platform to the tip of the anchor??????
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options

I just LOVE my diesels got fuel 2 times this year,Once in July & 2 weeks ago before she went on the hard for the winter.

My 390 is my third rinker, First 270 no one problem to speak of,Second 342 no real problems either

The 390 I guess was made on Friday had lots of elec.problems. Don't get me wrong I'll buy another

one in a hart beat.

John when are you going to tell me what happen to your boat

See ya soon the AQUA HOLIC'S

• Options

So what are you saying Raybo, almost a 400?? ;)   I guess I'd be a 43, unless I let my anchor out, then I could be 193'er!  :D   (sorry, there is one in every crowd)

Dave, that's the most I've seen you type on the forum!  I knew I could get you and RY chatting, but remember the topic here.

:)>-

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    No DI I am not saying I am almost 40 but my club is going to charge me a little more and my boat is a true 34 and that a 400 may not be a true 40. Just trying to stur things up...............lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
  • Options
    brezboy57brezboy57 Member Posts: 2
    I have owned a Rinker EC 400 since May of 2010. Many things I like about the cruiser! I have the Axius system which I love greatly! Makes docking and navigating in close spots easy. The boat flies with the dual 425 HP Mercs. I have the teak flooring throughout, which is easier to take care of, no carpet to stay wet for hours. My biggest complaint is in regards to the inability to stay on plane at slow speeds. I have to either stay at about 10-11 mph and grind through the water, or cruise up to about 25-26 mph to stay on plane.The boat just eats of gas at anything 25 mph and higher. There is virtually nothing in between that I can find. I have played with trim and tabs with no luck. I have considered enlarging the trim tabs to plane out at slower speed but I am afraid of other affects. Anyone else that sees this issue and / or have found a solution?
    The EC 400 is still the best boat value out there for a 40' er with all of the bells and whistles. Comparable boats by the competition are more that $ 100 K higher cost with same drive train and fewer features.
  • Options
    welcome brez! nice to hear from another 400 owner. I agree about burning fuel as they are certainly gas hogs. I added vesselview to monitor fuel(and alarms). Needless to say I've found best fuel burn for on plane around 32mph. The boat is great and love the teak floors as well. Let's see, I've removed the blender, it crushed the ice but didn't really blend it well sine it was 12Vdc. Added a small inverter and a magic bullet that fit in that nice compartment. I've changed out the galley TV with one that picks up hd over the air. Also changed out the TV antenna to one a little larger that seems to pick up stations better. Changed out lights to LEDs and put blue ones in the hardtop. That's about it I guess since I bought the boat in May 2012. I enjoy the smaller fridge compared to the full size in the 410/420 mainly because we enjoy anchoring without running the genny all the time. Love the pullout leather couch. Has worked out great for guests, even those unexpected. I do my own maintenance and this boat is by far one of the easiest to access everything. The built in under swim platform light, well it's nice but with the merky bay water and the power draw makes it not worth much. I'd love to add autopilot like fmba has, but not sure if it is worth it or not. I'd love to add a larger cockpit table, current one is small. Then I'd move the smaller one to the raised seating area in the cockpit. I'd also like to add an extension on the salon table that can fold underneath. I've had a custom winter cover made that is probably the best thing I've done. Mine has Bravo2 drives that seem pretty good although I was initially concerned about one larger prop pushing the weight. I guess that is my thoughts for now, sure looking forward to spring again!

• Options
    JIMCASSJIMCASS Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2005 Fiesta Vee 360 ithat s 39'7" long over all What is the 40 EC overall?
  • Options
    Jim, it is 42.5 feet overall.