Personal opinion or political comment removed.

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
Post edited by rasbury on

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Post edited by rasbury on
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Handy is a professional message board fun sponge. :) Although in real life he's apparently a fun guy! 

I'm just a tech director/teacher/property manager with a captain's license and am a certified diver..Do all kinds of things to make the bucks with that resume.  Took one of those tests in highschool that tells you what job you'll enjoy. The overwhelming result was "a desk job is not for you, it's got to be one where you're always moving", it's been working out so far! 
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a software developer for a retail giant.  I build everything from point of sale, inventory management to custom Android apps.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    I operate freight trains for BNSF Railway 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Vice president, as of today, of the leading mfg of point of care computing products in healthcare. Think of the carts that nurses roll around to do electronic medical record documentation.  Although we make other products too...

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mechanical Engineer by degree. Transitioned to technical sales for 17 years. Now I manage a sales group for all the America’s. Whole career been in mechanical power transmission products (industrial and aircraft). 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    Well I started out as a steel mill laborer and also was a state constable part time. Got hurt at work and lost my job so went back to school and got a B.S. in IT (2010). Worked a few regular IT jobs and now am a System Security Engineer for a government contractor. My job is to make it real hard for bad guys to hack into networks. I also daytrade in the stock market since 2013
  • dalekdalek Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    Electronic Engineer. Design and manufacture engine sensors. 30 Years. Dead boring. Mostly involves poking wires down tubes. Note I have a Yanmar 4LHA in my 270, which has no ECU whatsoever.
  • cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    I work at a bakery doing inventory...very exciting job
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I repair trains. I work for the oldest public subway system in the country. Right now our trains are over 40 years old and well over 2 million miles. We are in the process of getting new trains for my line. Takes about 5/6 years to complete. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I drive a brown truck, pickup the box and put it down.23 years in 7 to go. Some you guy sould like you do some cool. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • ChesapeakeChesapeake Member Posts: 29
    I'm a retired Army Officer (30 years) and now I'm double dipping, working as a civilian for the Army.
  • cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    PS, before everyone runs out to get in the bakery inventory business its really not all that exciting. I was being sarcastic. And it dont pay much either. I saved a long time for the down payment on my boat
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm an IT professional.  I've had a variety of roles in IT including programming, design and analysis.  Currently I'm a database administrator.  I did IT work in the Army and for a variety of companies in different industries.  These days I work for GM.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Locomotive Engineer for the LIRR... 22 years in  (9 years, 10 months and 14 days to go... but who’s counting?!). 
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marketing (Product and Price Management) for a large polymer compounder. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chemical Engineer

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...literally all over the map. Started shovelling asphalt on a construction crew at 16.
    5 years as a bartender/bouncer. (yep, just like the movie Roadhouse)
    5 years in a gold mine running heavy equipment and setting up high explosives for blasts. Back to school for a degree in marketing and sales. A few years selling newspaper and radio advertising. 13 years as a municipal marketing manager. Back to school. Fully licensed stock broker, financial advisor and life/health insurance business for 6 years. Retired. Spent too much time in the local pub. Went back to work part time in a building supply business just to keep busy. Was asked and accepted a full time position as supervisor of contractor sales, design and custom house builds which I currently do. Hope to cut back to part time in the next 3 to 4 years and fully retire (again) within the next 5. Could retire again now....but I picked up a nasty boating habit!!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    See @rasbury everyone but you has a real job LMAO
  • JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Purchasing Manager (ingredients and packaging) for a co-manufacturer that produces protein and candy bars for many leading brands.  I also have my 50 Ton Masters Capt. Licence and I am a part time Crusin Tiki boat captain in Pittsburgh.
    Post edited by JonnyM on
    "Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a Maintenance/Line Technician for one of, if not the largest, cable company in the world. Started 24 years ago as an installer. I watched the industry go from analog service to digital service. I was on the launch team for high speed internet when it was called @Home. I have been a line guy for 20 years and have been involved with cable going from fiber optics to the neighborhood to fiber to the home.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • 93Vee93Vee Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    I'm a pilot for Delta Air Lines flying international out of JFK on the B 767. 
  • Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I build large analytics environments on the Cloud (AWS mostly) as part of a Global Learning and Enablement team. I'm a one-man wrecking ball that backstops everything technical across several organizations, performing miracles with Python and Bash.

I'm also a Paramotor (Powered Paragliding) Instructor when I find the time. 
  • laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
    Firefighter / Paramedic in a suburb of Cleveland! I just spec out a Life Line Ambulance out of Iowa! We have been having bad luck with Horton in Ohio. We got the new International CV chassis- we will be literally the first to run the new CV chassis. 
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    Sports photographer.
    Unbelievable, everyone is rich. 
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    we buy guy = 2nd hand dealer
    diamonds-jewelry-pocket & wrist watches-coins/paper money-gold-silver etc.
    will take this chance also to offer my service to any of the forum members