Personal opinion or political comment removed.

Comments

• diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    What is HOF??
    Horribly Outdated Furniture 
  • earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    Horticultural sales. Best choice I could have made. Get to travel and have fantastic customers who are friends
  • DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    I was a police officer for 27 years in NJ, retired, moved to St. Croix and became a Territorial police officer in the Virgin Islands for a time, Moved back state-side to Upstate NY and cut my teeth boating on Lake Ontario. Now I live outside of Philly and working on my 2nd pension with a county law enforcement agency.  One day, I'll realize there is more to life than work !
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    What is HOF??
    Home owners fee (condo fee)
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • 04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    I fly rich people to exotic locations, and then sit in hotel rooms until it's time to go home. 
    That sounds like a pretty good gig, although I imagine you’re on call at their disposal
  • cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    @Handymans342 HOF hot older female, I think
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    Solutions Architect for an IT Consulting company. 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, there are some smart people in here!
  • Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    That was my last "role". I'm still at the same company (Teradata), just higher up as I got more technical hands-on than the average SA.
    That was my last "role". I'm still at the same company (Teradata), just higher up as I got more technical hands-on than the average SA.
    I specialize in virtualization but I know Citrix really well which has got me dedicated to an account the last three years. 
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Manufacturing Engineer @ AAM.

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOF: Home Owner Fees I would guess. Condo fees. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOF: Home Owner Fees I would guess. Condo fees. 
    Correct
  • strictlybliznesstrictlybliznes Member Posts: 46
    Financial analyst right out of school, stayed at home, milked my parents as long as i could to save money and now have 2 investment properties, but looks like I should of went IT haha
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    something like the grass is not always greener
    No, I'm thinking I might be able to afford the bayliner with my job vs. all these really smart people with the Rinkers....or maybe being a Rinker owner makes me smart....hmmmmmmm
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    No, I'm thinking I might be able to afford the bayliner with my job vs. all these really smart people with the Rinkers....or maybe being a Rinker owner makes me smart....hmmmmmmm

Exactly. We've done our homework and purchased the right boat.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    Ras, just think of us little cheapo sports boat people on this forum dominated by you rich cruiser owners...  B)

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    nhsd said:
    Ras, just think of us little cheapo sports boat people on this forum dominated by you rich cruiser owners...  B)
    As a few folks pointed out: Owning a cruiser isn't expensive.  Operating it is another story. :)

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

edited April 2019
    Stodge said:
    nhsd said:
    As a few folks pointed out: Owning a cruiser isn't expensive.  Operating it is another story. :)

Post edited by McGarnicle on
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    edited April 2019
    Stodge said:
    nhsd said:

Those are the kind of boats that end of getting bought, used for a month, then sit.  & then the owner tries to get out of it and sell, but it just sits because they want too much money.  In time, the boat is junk (not maintained), and ends up sunk somewhere.
    Post edited by Dream_Inn on

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• CarsnmorellcCarsnmorellc Member Posts: 230 ✭✭
    I own an Automotive Reconditioning company in Greenville, SC.  It was originally called CARS N More LLC, a year ago I have a marketing company rebrand everything.  Its now called Details and Dents.  We do everything from basic details to high end paint correction, ceramic coating, PPF, PDR and more.  
    2001 340 Fiesta Vee 20P Hill Marine and 2 new 6.2 Horizon motors. Whine Down
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    When we looked at our first boat I asked the marina manager "what is it going to cost me just to have" and he gave me dockage, winterization, annual service, shrink wrap, winter storage and start up per year. So my before I fuel an go anywhere cost. When Rinker came along, same question - with new results reflecting new boat. Later, we started discussing what @Dream_Inn related with owners that come and go with the same observations as @McGarnicle - no one knows the real cost. I asked how often is he asked this and the response was twice - me for the Bayliner and again for the Rinker.

People like the idea of buying and owning a boat but don't understand what goes into it. Like was said in the "I want the manual for my boat thread", a boat is closer to a house than a car and with it comes a lot more.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And dont forget the time,time,time. Even if you have the cash are you willing to put in the time. Learning listening and planing.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similar situation. Acquaintance asked me about buying his B.I.L.'s 36 foot Bayliner. I told him $15 G's a year just to own it and run it a bit. He never had a boat before and didn't beleive me. Last year, his first season, was almost $24 G partly because he hit rocks, twice....with his big brass prop on his inboard shaft drive. 4 Grand each time. Boat is now for sale at a huge loss. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    So, on this subject which is near and dear to my heart......even though the thread is a bit hijacked......my previous boat was a 20 bow rider with an I/O. Obviously I had a trailer I  had  to maintain. Now then, while this boat did not have a/c and some of the accessories on it, I don't think the maintenance cost at least for a Florida trailered boat is that much different. I still had an engine to maintain, change oil and filters etc...an out drive that needed water impellers and fluid changes...a gimbal bearing and transom asy to deal with...steering cable shift cable...you get the picture. So, now we have the 270. Little bigger motor and outdrive but probably about the same expense to maintain. I have a bigger piece of fiber glass. Now I do have other things that can brake but don't really require much maintenance- a/c, water heater, water pump, fridge...so my cost to just maintain the 270 over the bowrider I don't think is much different. Up north it obviously would be much different with storage. I don't slip the boat but do dry store it for 90 bucks a month. We paid around 14 for the bow rider, a little more than double that for the 270. Insurance is not that much difference so I keep selling the idea of this does not cost us a lot more than the other and we can do a LOT more with it. About got swamped 2x with the bow rider around some bigger boats and we did not like that. Am I that far off or just trying to justify???
    Ras!!! What are you thinking!!!!! You havent used that junk for 2 years!!! Of course your maintenance expenses are way down. Geeezzzz
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    The reality is you make it work for you. Friends with a pontoon - nice day boat on the lake. Then have to go home, get dinner etc. either cruiser the weekends are much easier for us. Does it cost - yes. Is it worth it - for us, **** yes! @Handymans342 has decided that’s it for him and the RV works for him now. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/