A/C Reversing Valve and Drain Pan

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
OK class I need some help. I need to replace the reversing valve coil on my A/C unit. Does anyone know where I can get one or know the part number. Also my drain pan is pretty rusted out. Does anyone know where I can get a plastic or fiberglass one? Part number? Its a Marine Air system and the model number is VCP16K. Thanks for your help......
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d call Dometic. That is who bought Marine Air. 

https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/support/spare-parts

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get new unit man
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say my new unit is magnitudes more quiet and the newer controller controls the temp and humidity. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Get new unit man
    Why???? Unit works great on cooling. Heat is not working because the "spade" broke off the coil. Its most likely a $20 part.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    raybo3 said:
    Get new unit man
    Why???? Unit works great on cooling. Heat is not working because the "spade" broke off the coil. Its most likely a $20 part.
    You won't find the part
    I will find it. Its just a 120vac coil. If not I will just solder the "flag" back on it.
    What about the pan?
    What about it? I will just clean it up and paint it. I don't see why I need to buy a new unit for about $1700 when this one works great. A quick fix on the coil for heat that I never use anyway and a rusty drip pan........
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with you Ray, if you can fix them fix. Here we have a great ac repair shop that can fix or replace the valve, there has to be someone out there that could fix or find the part. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

raybo3 said:
    What about it? I will just clean it up and paint it. I don't see why I need to buy a new unit for about $1700 when this one works great. A quick fix on the coil for heat that I never use anyway and a rusty drip pan........
    Spray Flex seal on the pan and Sylvia provides the heat lol
  • Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    I picked up a MarineAire (not Dometic Marine Air) unit for under $1k. Quieter, less power, going strong three seasons later, does heat, etc. I have the old Dometic I'll sell you cheap if you want to use the parts to keep yours going (it's sitting on a shelf - compressor valve stuck open but everything runs). With remote.
    @Dude_Himself that is the same problem with mine. The valve coil is bad. My unit works great on cooling. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    @raybo3 - if it is original, then be glad you've gotten 17 years out of it.  The average I've seen is 10 maybe 12 years for life span of the older units.  I'm kind of looking forward to the day I get an excuse to replace my aft one (it seems noisier than the one in the bow).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

@Dream_Inn yeah its original but the compressor was change out about 5 years ago because the bottom of it rotted. It works great and is not noisy at all. I just need a coil and all will be well.
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Ray, this is a local place here who seems to be able to figure out how to fix most units. They are a dealer so maybe they can get you the part? Worth a call...
    http://www.sorgens.com/marine.html
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

@Liberty44140 thanks I will look them up. 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the reversing valve located and what does it look like. I had heat, briefly, this morning. Went to breakfast and the temp display shows heat, but the unit isn’t blowing warm air. Unfortunately it is too cool to try it in air conditioning mode. It worked the other day on shore power, but I am on a portable generator and it isn’t working. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Verify compressor is running first
    Where are these guys who ask questions and never answer?????
    Ray is on here and so am I. It was rather loud where I was tied up yesterday due to the Garth Brooks concert, which I went to. Then ran the boat back to the slip and didn't get home until 2AM. So I haven't had a chance to check it other then plugging into shore power early this morning and for the 2 seconds that I was there, I didn't have heat. The admiral wanted to get home to our 4 year old daughter.
    Go Steelers!!!
    Ray is on here and so am I. It was rather loud where I was tied up yesterday due to the Garth Brooks concert, which I went to. Then ran the boat back to the slip and didn't get home until 2AM. So I haven't had a chance to check it other then plugging into shore power early this morning and for the 2 seconds that I was there, I didn't have heat. The admiral wanted to get home to our 4 year old daughter.
    @Cableguy Greg you dont owe anyone an explanation..... Just say'n
    raybo3 said:
    @Cableguy Greg you dont owe anyone an explanation..... Just say'n
    @raybo3 , I know. If I posted one time and ghosted, I could see it. I have 3800+ posts. It's not like I am NOT on here a lot. LOL.
    Go Steelers!!!
    Verify compressor is running first
    Compressor is running and AC works. Just no heat. 
    Go Steelers!!!
    Well in heat mode you need to verify 120V is going to the reversing valve. Raybo can post a pic
    Please note the wires are off the coil
    That looks easy to get to. LOL 
    Go Steelers!!!
    That looks easy to get to. LOL 
    Its not that hard to get to the problem is that rusted "thing" in the middle holds it in place and I can not get it off. However I made an executive decision not to fuss with it anymore because I never use the heat anyway's.........lol
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Probably a good move.  You can always use a small portable electric heater when needed.  

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Went to the boat today to repair the head and kicked on the air. The cabin was at 65* and the temp setting was at 70*, so it kicked the heat on. Wouldn't you know it, it blew out hot air. Problem solved.
    Go Steelers!!!
    Hey Greg like those easy cheap fixes........lol Glad your heat is working.