Key West

Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
Well we are off to Key West for the weekend. Me and Randy56 from Indiana. Taking the ferry out of Ft Myers. Going to have a good time!! And the admirals too. 

Comments

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look out Duval Street!
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good times! How long is that ride...did not know it still ran....$$?
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    125 roundtrip. 4 hours
    500 gallons an hour
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Have a great time

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    That's not bad..sounds like a fun ride!
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

The boat ran 36 mph, held 4000 gallons, and used all that fuel down and back. 516 people capacity, built in 2006, 4 cat's, one was down that day, but ran good on 3 engines. Jet drive. Great way to go to Margaritaville. Had a great time with Handy and his wife, glad we went, but it is tooooo hot down there for me. The sun is intense, nice breeze though. We found ourselves chasing shade.

Took a tour as per Handy's recommendation, as he had been there a few time's already.  he gave correct advise, the tour was good, the guide said at the end of this month, most local's headed North. And tourism almost stops because of the heat.

One checked of the bucket list. Beware! if you are frugal, you still will smoke your credit card down there. 
    Boat Name : 

We had a great time as well and its a heck of a lot cheaper than Disney!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I loved Key West. Went for new years eve a few years back. @Handymans342 Silvia loved it also, she was fun to watch.......lol (you know what I mean)
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    no we don't Ray...tell us about it......I went there for my honeymoon on my first marriage which we are talking 40 years ago....they had a real bad habit around the pool of women not wearing tops. While it sounds good, my new wife was not thrilled. I'm sure things have changed immensely and with hurricanes since, even a lot of the structures! We have been talking about going down there but just don't seem to find the time... 
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    rasbury said:
    no we don't Ray...tell us about it......I went there for my honeymoon on my first marriage which we are talking 40 years ago....they had a real bad habit around the pool of women not wearing tops. While it sounds good, my new wife was not thrilled. I'm sure things have changed immensely and with hurricanes since, even a lot of the structures! We have been talking about going down there but just don't seem to find the time... 
    They have the same thing on the beaches in the Dominican Republic.  We went there for our 5th anniversary.  My wife was pointing them out regardless of the woman's age.  After the second day I explained about "good naked" versus "bad naked".  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX