Options

Mattress replacement

fstjohnfstjohn Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
has anyone recently replaced a v berth mattress? I need to replace mine this year in my 2006 Rinker 360. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure if you have the Original Mattress Factory near you, but they can make odd sized custom mattresses. I have heard a number of radio ads claiming that they do that. If they are anything like their regular mattresses, then it would be great.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    My_Dinghys_DinghyMy_Dinghys_Dinghy Member Posts: 107 ✭✭
    Greg's right. Original Mattress even runs ads on the radio. You may want to get them the dimensions you want. ALTHOUGH, I don't know anything about a 360 but assuming the v berth is a full mattress and not portable.
    Doing a 25 year old Project Boat after a 35 year hiatus from boat ownership.
    Catch us on Kelley's Island at the Seaway or Portside Marina or Middle Bass at the State Park Marina MOST SUNDAYS and weekends in July! Call My Dinghy on Channel 16.
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Is the mattress you are replacing destroyed or just sagging a bit ?  My last boat had a marginally usable mattress, and I went to Costco and bought a memory foam mattress topper. laid it flat for a full day, put my old mattress on top of it as a template, and with a razor knife, cut the topper to size. It stayed in place with its own mattress pad and my fitted sheet, and it worked GREAT. not to mention, the $100 was WAY less than a replacement mattress. Just a thought.
  • Options
    fstjohnfstjohn Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Thanks all...no Original Mattress close to me...but may pursue the Costco idea!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I did the topper trick with our previous boat.  But we went from the 2 inch pad to a topper that was 4 inches half memory foam and half dense foam.  Used an electric knife to cut it.  My wife used the bottom of the old cover and made a new one.  Did the same for the mid-berth.  It was still in good shape when we sold the boat after sleeping on it for 5 seasons.  Got it at Overstock.com for about $100.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    ewebereweber Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know how I can get the actual dimensions of the v berth mattress for a 2004 Rinker Fiesta Vee 312?
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I have a 2003 310 and so I believe its the same. Happy to take some measurements.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea we just use a 4” standard foam mattress topper from Walmart now which is ok, currently shopping for a better gel memory foam topper like the one mentioned above. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    We have one of those for the aft cabin where we sleep but the V is original.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/