2000 Fiesta Vee 242 Helm Bench Seat Harrdware

pete_seapete_sea Member Posts: 1
The sliding aluminum extrusion rails on my 2000 242 Fiesta Vee that allow the helm bench back-to-back seat to adjust and recline are bent and the rivets have broken loose. I can use small bolts and lock nylon lock nuts to replace the rivets but the interlocking aluminum channel is impossible to bend straight. I'm looking to buy used hardware or if I could buy the original extruded aluminum channel stock. Any help on where I could find this hardware would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I found a used set a couple months ago on ebay while searching for "marine sliding seat mounts" for my 2000 FV 242EC. I did not purchase them as I want to buy or make something stronger, even if it does not allow it to lay down for a sun pad. The original was bent when I got the boat. I straightened and re-enforced it, but several seasons later and it is bent again.
  • tuner79tuner79 Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same problem. I sat on the corner as it was in a sunpad mode and it bend.  I can’t find the rails anywhere. Please help
  • melwordmelword Member Posts: 6
    We have the same problem.  Any help here would be appreciated.
  • prgrod01prgrod01 Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Same problem. My fix was to gut the sliding seat mounts and replaced with new 2" square stock. Seat no longer reclines but now it's solid and comfortable again and it got rid of the darn release handle that was always hitting my calf.
    2001 Rinker 242