Moisture on the floor... from below? help

Hi everyone, I am new here! I purchased my first Rinker boat last summer and didn't have much time on the water. I knew the previous owner, very meticulous maintainer, and well kept. This is my second summer and it has been an amazing boat!

I'm hoping you can help, it is the older style 2007 larger 270 with opposing kitchenette and head. On the side where the head the meets the floor there is some moisture that accumulates. I have looked everywhere, inside and out and have not been able to find a source of water. It dosent seem to have any relationship with rain. I put the boat in last weekend and there was not a drop of rain for four days... and it is still there. The moisture is not any worse when there is heavy rain.

Help... 

Thank you!!   :)

Comments

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    on my 2002 the shower floor has a seal in it where it meets the wall that was leaking on mine 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That looks like it is coming from your head.  Is the shower leaking somewhere? Have you checked whether you have drainage from the shower sump located under the mid berth mattress?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• dcaffreydcaffrey Member Posts: 15
    I had an issue with wet carpet near there and it was caused by a pin hole size leak in my ac waterline at the throughhull next to the shower sump.  Troubleshoot by knowing if it happens when the ac is running or not.
  • ajfioren91ajfioren91 Member Posts: 4
    I agree it does look like it is coming from the head... My thoughts were to re-caulk the inside of the head where it meets the wall. As far as the a/c goes, I do not have ac. This leak is persistent even if there is no water in the head compartment whatsoever... The mid cabin bilge is damp... no standing water. 

Any chance it could be coming from above where the cockpit glass meets the fiberglass deck?
    any chance its one of your water lines 
    GMSLITHO said:
    any chance its one of your water lines 
    I took the cover off to gain access to the sink in the head,  had a cracked sink drain gasket which i replaced. Other than that things seemed to be in good shape. 

Is there anyway to access the space beneath the floor? Maybe from below the table or the cabinet next to the head?
    not that I know of ,does your water pump run ocasinally when the water is not used 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    GMSLITHO said:
    not that I know of ,does your water pump run ocasinally when the water is not used 

water pump should never kick on unless it is being used.  Remember, things like ice maker can kick it on without you actually turning faucet on.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had water there and it was from the hot water line going into the faucet. 
    The water pump never runs unless there is an open faucet. I have no ice maker  :(   I will have to recheck all of the fittings... I wont be on the boat until this weekend. This isn't a horrible problem, but it makes me nervous that there is unknown water on the wrong side of the hull lol

J3ff said:
    I had water there and it was from the hot water line going into the faucet. 
    Do you mean the behind the small cabinet that unscrews beneath the sink?
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. That's the one!