Redneck Yacht Club

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
At the "Redneck Yacht Club" last night. Planned on maybe heading out on the lake overnight after work but a series of rolling thunderstorms came through. By the time the skies cleared I was a few beers in so boat stayed put. But venison sausage on the BBQ and a cooler full so it's all good. Lake is still there this morning. And free members breakfast this morning to boot.
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270

Comments

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much better views today!

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your living large!
    Boat Name : 

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Will looks like the new owners of the marina are doing a pretty good job 
    Yes and no. They've made some improvements like new washrooms which were badly needed. And decent high speed Wi-Fi. But they've also brought in a food truck and ice cream truck and boat rentals and water toys and are promoting the Marina far and wide as a place to come and hang out hoping that people will use the food truck. The result is lots of strangers walking around the property. We've already had a few issues with them wandering around the boats as there really is no security. The one that blows me away is that they are allowing people to fish from parts of the properties and even some of the side docks. Not really keen on that. I understand that they need to build revenue but the property really isn't set up for it. Parking has become a real issue too.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Lake! Enjoy your 90 days on it. LMAO
    About 160 actually. We're not wussy southerners that only boat in 75F and up temperatures. If there's no ice, I'm boating.
    Let me see you swimming in it!!!
    I wish I could find the picture of me and my Dad standing in a lake up to our necks with a beer sitting on the ice beside us. We're Finn by background bud. A polar bear dip is old news. Besides, who said anything about swimming?
    You do have a Quaint marina, at first I could not understand why you did not want the food truck. Now I see, more people less parking. Coming from everywhere. Maybe some undesirable's.  It probley will not be there next year. It may  not  profit. 
    I'd much rather be out on a 50/60 degree day than 100, as it is here. tooooo Hot...........I'm now all sun burnt from taking grand kids kayaking today. Was only in boat's 4 hours. 
    Boat Name : 

Hoter up there than in Florida!!
    This is the kind of thing I'm talking about. This arrived in my e-mail today but it's also on their public website and FB page. It's going to be a zoo. Almost happy I'm working this weekend so my only boat day is Friday.

Sounds like they are turning it into theme park. Change is not always good. 
    Boat Name : 

• TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Don't know what the rules are in Canada, but if they're charging money for boat rides they better have a Captain's license, plus insurance...
    Captain's license not required on inland waters under a certain length, I beleive 40 feet. They'd have regular property liability and also rent boats so presumably the boat is insured. Still don't like it.  The place is becoming a zoo. I'm putting up with it so far only because most marinas around have lengthy waiting lists and price wise this is the best around. But price isn't everything so I think I will at least investigate options for next season.
  • F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    Come over to Lefroy :)
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
    Well after a full season of seeing the pros and cons of what the new owners are trying I'd have to say that it may work out. I dropped b6 the marina today to chat with my mechanic and this is what showed up yesterday. Going to dredge the whole harbour. Badly needed. I also hear they're going to fix some docks and maybe even upgrade the hydro. As you can see, the docks could use some work.
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Nice @Willhound.  Show some pics in spring when it's done!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once it freezes over you can walk on water to screw the docks back together. The ice down here lifts the poles up and they have to be pounded back in in the spring. Ice forms tide comes in and lifts poles. They have bubblers all around but it still pulls a couple of poles a year.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    The water looks hard.
    Boat Name :