2019 Chesapeake Rinkervous

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Bayrunner said:
    Sorry for replying so late. I became a first time grandfather and have been busy babysitting. If I can get away I will try and make it.  
    Congratulations!  That is awesome!!  Definitely stop by at least on Saturday and bring the whole family! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• patmelpatmel Member Posts: 5
    We will be there. 
    Bring a friend with a Rinker too
    patmel said:
    We will be there. 
    Bring a friend with a Rinker too
    That is great!  Is it Osprey Point that's near Rock Hall?  Just wondering where you keep the boat.

• patmelpatmel Member Posts: 5
    Yes. Ospray piont. Is in swan creek 
  • MajorAppealMajorAppeal Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    It seems our family vacation with the in-laws is always scheduled the same week as rinkervous. We won be able to make it this year. We are headed to the inner harbor tomorrow for the fireworks, going to spend the night down there if anyone else will be there let me know. Also, going to catch the fireworks in middle river on the 6th. @Dream_Inn, will you be around for either of those?
    We are leaving South Herrington harbor today, heading to Solomon's thru Sunday.  We have 5 or 6 Rinkers with us, should be a blast.  I'll be having a Mai Tai with @lLaRea tonight.

Well, the boat ran pretty well for the end of the trip.  I ended up hitting something submerged the first day and had to limp home the next morning on one engine.  After replacing the coupler, props, and a new outdrive, the boat is ready for Rinkervous!  We really had a great time seeing LaRea along with several other Rinker friends!  It got us in the spirit for the upcoming Rinkervous!  Can't wait to see everyone this coming weekend!

Weather is shaping up to be nice and a bit hot (but that is ok).  I need to watch only Thursday night for storms.  If I can't make it Thursday, I'll make sure to be up first thing Friday morning.

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Dream_Inn for remembering me.  Sorry for being quiet.  My waterpump died on me last weekend and i am waiting on a new one from Hardin Marine.  This engine has been giving me fits.  First with the power steering pump and now this.  Let me tell you it was fun limping back home with one engine last Sat while it was pouring.  The lightening made it even that much more special.  Hey if your gonna lose an engine and steering.  Might as well do it in a thunderstorm.  Have fun guys.  Wish i was going.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
    Well, that time has come and the weather sure looks like it's going to be absolutely beautiful!!  I only need to watch the weather for today.  Calling for thunderstorms this evening, so there is a possibility that I may just get up there around 6 or 7am tomorrow (Friday) morning instead.  Either way, the weather looks great starting tomorrow and thru the weekend, with great water conditions as well!  Let's get this party started!

I can't wait to see all the good ole friends, but also all the new one's soon to make!!

@Dirtythirty - sure hope you can squeak it in this year!  Conditions look great even if you had to make an early run Saturday morning

@summerlove - haven't heard from you since your earlier post.  It's a really short run from the Sassafrass, hope you can make it too!

My wife & I spent the last couple days figuring out the games & prizes.  I know there is always awesome food too!  Sure to be some great memories made!! :)

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Have fun everyone! One of these years I will surprise everyone with a visit. It is on the bucket list................. BE SAFE!!!!!!!!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • YowellsLiquidAssetsYowellsLiquidAssets Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2019
    We are coming along with Patmel of Ruff Times with our 310 Fiesta Vee. Looking forward to our first Rinkervous and to meeting everyone!! 
    We are coming along with Patmel of Ruff Times with our 310 Fiesta Vee. Looking forward to our first Rinkervous and to meeting everyone!! 

That is great!  & welcome to the forum!  Our prior boat was a 2002 310.  We loved everything about that boat! (except changing out genny impeller :) )

• ChesapeakeChesapeake Member Posts: 29
    Sadly, my port engine is DOA.  I'm still trying to troubleshoot it.  Unfortunately, the real world keeps getting in the way of boating so I haven't been able to spend much time with it.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After a long drive from Pittsburgh to Havre de Grace on Thursday, we launched Friday morning and made it to Still Pond. We are so glad that we made it. If @Dream_Inn doesn’t post pictures, I will post some when we get home. Thank you John for putting this together and letting our Pittsburgh boat raft off!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that is a beautiful sight.  I wish I could have been there!
    Here are some shots from my perspective. I am sure that there will be more.

Go Steelers!!!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Great pictures and looks like an awesome time.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice cable, how far did you pull to get there, you win the farthest traveled award.
    Boat Name : 

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a great time!
    2008 330EC
    randy56 said:
    Nice cable, how far did you pull to get there, you win the farthest traveled award.
    I trailered 310 miles, then 17 miles on water. I rented a truck for the weekend to do it because my F150 wouldn’t have been enough to pull her through the mountains of PA. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Stoni2Stoni2 Member Posts: 4
    What a fantastic weekend.  It was great to see everyone again and meet some new people.  Special thanks again to John and Christine for getting us all together.  Already looking forward to next year.  - Equilibrium

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh.  My.  God.  John Travolta be dancin' it out.  
    @Cableguy Greg coming to Rinkervous!  Nothing better than hearing a forum member hailing you for the first time!