2005 342 Sony speaker replacements

johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
I want to replace the Sony speakers that came with my 2005 342.  They are discolored and looking ragged.  I do not want to drill new holes.  What is a good upgrade speaker that will screw right in place?  Thanks!

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polk DB-651’s

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X2 on the polk 651 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    The hardest part I found when searching for replacements - which I still am - is that very few manufacturers/e-tailers list the center-to-center screw hole placement. Which is probably one of the more important dimensions when searching for a something where you don't want to drill new holes.

They list just about every other dimension (hole cutout, depth, overall width, etc.) -- but hardly ever screw hole placement.

• johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    Thanks! I will check them out!

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I replaced my Clarion speakers with the Alpine marine speakers. They come with silver or white grills. They are the SPS-601’s 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    I went with Hertz Marine speakers and added JL subs, only new hole that was needed was for the additional sub. Couldn't be happier with the sound quality 
  • awindsurfrawindsurfr Member Posts: 1
    I installed Kenwood KFC-1633MRW speakers to replace my stock Sony XS-MP621 ones. The holes were an exact fit on my 2005 290. Sound better too!
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you find the sound and price you need, don't worry too much about matching the screw hole patterns.  Drilling new screw holes is not a big deal.  Plus, on most boats, the original installer didn't get the holes exactly right anyway.  The screws will be a little catywampus even with identical speakers.   
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    I replaced my Clarion speakers with the Alpine marine speakers. They come with silver or white grills. They are the SPS-601’s 
    Same here.  I have tried many different brands over the years, and the upper end Alpine Marine's are the best sounding in my opinion....
    2000 Captiva 232