Options

Blowout on the interstate

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    In all honesty in stock form the v10 excursion pulled better than the 7.3.  With about 5k thrown at the tranny and some more cash thrown at properly adding another 100 hp with real custom tunes then you get some real towing.  

The Europeans are killing us when it comes to fuel efficient diesels.  

Just Google some om606 boats or souped up cars.  400hp or more with a 3.0 diesel isnt uncommon.

I love seeing a diesel powerd inboard ski boat rolling coal!  
    Agreed!

Current vehicle is a 2010 E-350 XLT with the v10. At nearly 7k lbs curb weight (by the scale, not the manufacturer) and with the TorqShift transmission it has no issues moving this boat around town or over longer hauls, and the trailer has Electric over Hydraulic braking - I'm not worried about stopping it. 10ply E-rated BFG KO2's for traction at the ramp. About to order up a 5-star-tune for it - heard that's the biggest improvement (shifting).

I wish I could have found a good, clean Excursion with a diesel, but I got this van for $20k with only 20k miles on it, church leased, super clean inside and out, the V10, all the seats, etc. It's just getting better and better with age.

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My boss tows our sv750 Kubota skid loader, i think that's the model, with his 3500 express van. Has the 6.0.  His does just fine, id imagine that v10 is much better.  My only issue with the excursion is weak factory suspension.  The van is much roomier than the excursion so im sure the passengers appreciate that.  Those are some really good tires.  Right now im on 305 70 17 Yokohama 10 ply all terrains.  Im so far very pleased with them.  Back when i had family working at Michelin i always ran bf mud/at tires.  They were always good tires.