Replacing Hot Water tank in 2007 Rinker Vee

mskariannemskarianne Member Posts: 29
edited April 2019 in Rinker Custom Projects
We bought this boat at the end of last season and the person we bought it from said that the hot water tank needed a part.  He said it was only a $50 part.  When we had it check we were told by the marina that they would have to open up the whole floor of the boat to replace the water tank because it needed the tank replaced.  Can anyone give me any idea on how to test this ourselves before going to a huge expense.

Comments

• Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Open up the floor??? Isn't the water heater located in the engine bay?
  • mskariannemskarianne Member Posts: 29
    They are opening the boat up this week so I will take a look.  I think maybe not because they said they would have to open up the floor to get to it

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which model Rinker?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is to leaking it can be fixed. 3 parts element, t-sat and eco thing. You need a volt meter to check continuity of these parts. Never heard of a Rinker with the heater in the floor.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of model, the water heater shouldn't involve removing flooring. It should be located in the engine compartment since most are set up to run off both 110 volt current when on shore power or use engine cooling water circulated through the tank to heat water when the engine is operating.
    That is, unless a previous owner has mounted another tank or a different tank in another location? 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    On the FV250, the water heater is in the cockpit separate from the engine compartment, next to the sink and underneath the trash can. It looks to me in the case of this model it would be removable by taking off the cubbyhole that holds the cooler, which allows plenty of access to that area. The only thing I can think of that needs floor removal to access on my boat would be the gas tank under the midberth.
    Andy
  • mskariannemskarianne Member Posts: 29
    Ok so I need a new hot water tank for my 2007 Rinker 270V any suggestions as to where to purchase 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    E-bay get the numbers off the old one and search ebay for it. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defender.com 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct