New Boston MBTA Subway Orange Line Cars

93Vee93Vee Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
Hey Raybo,

I think I just saw you and Governor Baker having a laugh on TV at the inaugural of the new MBTA cars. I didn't know you were so connected.
It will be nice to have some newer equipment. Good Luck!

Comments

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    LMFAO yes that was me for a quick 2 second shot on the news...lol @93Vee where are you from? I was also on the commercial that played before every Patriot's game last season for the Carmens Union. No I am not a fan of Governor Baker...lol I do not believe that these new trains (lowest bidder from China) will come close to the 41 years that the old trains lasted.  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    BTW how did you know that was me?????????? LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because your famous Ray.
    We all know who you are.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    Because your famous Ray.
    We all know who you are.
    Bahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • 93Vee93Vee Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    I'm in Swampscott. I saw some pics of you and your bride a while back when you got married. I'm over in Lynn but thinking about your club. It seems real nice there.

That would be great. Most of the people are really good here. There are a few guys from here that are members at Lynn. I am assuming you mean LYC and not Volunteer. 
    Yes, the Seaport.  That area is changing so quickly, I don't know if the marina is going
    to survive.

Yeah they are putting up condo's where the Porthole Pub was. If you want to get to my place get in touch with Tim at the Stoneham Boat Center. He is our fleet captain. 
    Will do. Thanks for the invite.
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet Charlie is still riding the MTA. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Orange Line......all I remember when I in my late teens in the 70's on a road trip to Boston was hearing "don't get on the Orange Line".  Brought back good memories from the day.
    @halifax212 I have been working on the Orange line for 18 years now. So its ok for me...lol
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
    Raybo ~  I forgot you also worked for the Railroad.  I am a Conductor for BNSF out here in Arizona on the Transcon.  16 years down, 14 to go!  
    2000 Captiva 232 
    When I was kid, the orange line took you to the Combat Zone, the old red light district.
    Now, its all high rise condos and coffee shops.
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    That would explain it @93Vee .  It was after all 40 years ago. The North End of Halifax was not a great area 40 years ago......today its micro brews , small Indi shops, condos with more on the way.
    Lake_Bum said:
    Raybo ~  I forgot you also worked for the Railroad.  I am a Conductor for BNSF out here in Arizona on the Transcon.  16 years down, 14 to go!  
    @Lake_Bum not really Railroad but subway. I am a repairer. Fixing my little subway trains everyday. I am also a Barn Captain (Shop Steward) for the union. I will be running for a union delegate (Business Agent) this Nov. Wish me luck.......