Stainless Steel Duo Props

tazataza Member Posts: 64 ✭✭

Both props have holes on the inside, will this effect the performance, looks like a casting issue

These are 2007 Volvo Props

any help appreciated

Comments

• randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giving the location, I do think so. 
    Boat Name : 

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, what do your anodes look like and is your bottom paint touching your outdrive transom plate?  

With shot anodes, paint touching the outdrive and salt water corrosion happens quicker than an old toyota rusting on new englands salted winter roads.
  • tazataza Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Anodes changed every year,no paint touching the outdrive,for the last 2 years 5he boat has been on a swinging mooring for approx 5 months per year with no hook up, before that the boat was on a pontoon 6 months a year with electric hook up at weekends

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look kind of dangerous....
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With thru hole corrosion like that, you can bet other places are thin too. Those are seriously compromised: replace. Unusual to see the SS take the hit like that though. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine that...I'm not super experienced but I've never seen aluminum props like that...
  • Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    I can't imagine that...I'm not super experienced but I've never seen aluminum props like that...
    I think if aluminum props ever got to this point, they would get wadded up pretty quickly. There wouldn't be a discussion of whether or not to replace, it would be mandatory haha. 
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Thread title says, "Stainless Steel Duo Props", but I have to agree with others, looks like aluminum. Were Duo props available in aluminum? I thought they were all SS. I'd get rid of those, pronto!