Adding a cockpit fridge

Hawk600Hawk600 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
Has anyone added a refrigerator next to the ice-maker in the cockpit wet bar area of a 300FV or similar model?

Comments

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    That would make it like the 342.  My cockpit fridge is a 2.2cu and runs on 12V only.  Be prepared to have your house batteries work harder to keep 2 fridges cold.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get AGM or better yet Thin PLate AGMs and your battery bank will support it faaar easier.
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I have a 342 FV and you will love having a fridge in the cockpit. Good luck and keep us posted. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the depth before cutting. I have a Dometic CR65 fridge in my cockpit. It is nice having 2 on board. One is for food and the other is for adult beverages. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Check the depth before cutting. I have a Dometic CR65 fridge in my cockpit. It is nice having 2 on board. One is for food and the other is for adult beverages. 
    As my wife calls them "Tasty Beverages"........... Cracks up everyone when she say's it...lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    If you run into space issues you can easily get marine refrigerators who have their compressor units able to be moved beside the refrigerator etc. to allow for "tight" fits.

• Hawk600Hawk600 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    I was actually just discussing this with the wife... we may just replace the icemaker with a fridge. We never use the icemaker anyways.
    Interesting. I really used the ice maker, as did half the dockmates lol! How will you use your Rinker blender to make margaritas with no ice?
  • Hawk600Hawk600 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    I usually have a 48 quart cooler on board for ice and "tasty beverages "
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    We always use our ice maker as well.  A cockpit fridge is definitely a worthwhile effort.  Just make sure it also runs on 12VDC.  Let us know what you come up with.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Funny Hawk,
    I'm planning on 180* opposite. I want the fridge out & starboard shelving/cubby added in place. Need a convenient place to put towels, cooler bags, guests shoes, etc, etc. 

I've never used our fridge once - other than to see if it works. Guess that's the difference between dayboating & overnighting.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current