Not a Rinker...but 3 Stern drives. Wow!!

skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

Comments

• skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Very common around here
    we have seekers
    fountains and race boats running triples 
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the jackalope down the street from me, who owns most the Ford dealerships in the region, has a 43' Fountain that was made with twin turbo diesels..... i waited for him one time on my jetski and with intent to play in his wake.  he blew past and me and the gal on my other ski and i fell in behind him............ and couldn't keep up.  those skiis would tip 75mph, and that dude walked away from us like it was nothing... i was trying to catch him, and couldn't.  

he has the boat on a lift adjacent the bridge/causeway heading over the the island, and you could see two massive nibral props... likely eight cleaver blades and in excess of 30"... a friend mentioned to me he had in excess of $15k in props alone... 

but dig this... instead of swapping boats every two years as he usually does, he pulled the diesels out of that thing and planted 5 450hp merc racing outboards across the transom.  

here is the thing: i'm told it's slower than it was... 

i don't think that seeker is as quick as it looks.... i wager it would be fortunate to sniff 45mph. 
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    I have a friend with a 40' Skater that has triple 600" BBCs with large whipples on top. It happens. 
  • DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    With a 10'6" beam have fun working on those motors!!!!
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those Skaters are beasts. Make them down the road from me. We see them out being test runs. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Autodog61Autodog61 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭

No, No, You don't want the sunseeker or the Fountain, or Baja, blackwater, Cigarette, Donzi 45ZR, etc, here's what you want

Its a Cary 50.  Mid 80s vintage.  Most who have them take really really good care.  So when you find them, the engine bay looks like this! A mere $70Kish and they can be had but.....
    QUAD 454s.  Never been on one but I am told, when passengers step on they need to have wallet lock because those engines will reach out to steal your wallet.    Cant imagine what its like tuning them to run all nice together and all.  But....The cool factor...….Unbeatable - I bet Aronow had something to do with developing these..... and the cabin, well......fabulous. 
    Holy Smokes, don't forget the bilge plug!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Cary made beautiful boats as did Magnum. Was on a 50+ foot Cary and a 70 foot Magnum back in the 70s and 80s. Don was an amazing guy until that idiot shot him - I believe while sitting in his Mercedes outside the Fountainbleu Hotel.

BTW those look like CMI Headers. I saw a dual set of tuned CMIs being installed on a set of twin 900HP Hawks in a 38 foot Cigarette Top Gun at Everglades Marine. I believe they cost over $50,000.00 per set installed.

.....and yes @Autodog61 those boats are for the biiiiiiig boys. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MT, have you seen the movie “speed kills”? About Dons life? Check it out 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

@Liberty44140. I have not and will do so. Thanks for the tip!!!!! I believe Don was killed by the guy Billy Cramer who owned Apache Boats. He bought Don's Cigarette blue prints but Don held some back. Billy (if I have the name correct) was really pi$$ed and shot Don. Billy was sentenced to prison, planned an escape by helicopter which the guards shot down. It crashed in the prison yard and both of Billy's ankles were broken. Only in Miami! I believe I read that story in one of the authoritative power boat mags back in the day.
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The movie was interesting, history lesson in boating. The Cary must burn fuel like an F15
    Boat Name : 

I can't remember what the Cary burned but the 70 foot Magnum read GPM not MPG.... LOL
  • DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Don Aronow was killed by Bobby Young who was hired by Kramer.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Gallons per minute, not mile :)

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/