New Rinker Owner - Enjoying the Dog Days of Summer!

My wife and I decided to purchase a boat this year to enjoy on the St. Croix River. We purchased a 1996 Sea Ray 290 Sundancer and quickly realized that an 8'6" beam wasn't going to cut it! Thankfully I was able to sell the Sea Ray and get into an '05 FV 342. Splashed it July 3rd and we absolutely love it!  

Just wanted to post a few pictures as summer is quickly coming to an end here in Minnesota. This forum is awesome and so glad I stumbled upon it. Thanks to everyone for all the great advice and participation. I plan to participate more in the forum as I become more familiar with my Rinker. 

Tagged:

Comments

• ricklaviolettericklaviolette Member Posts: 19
    Great pictures! Is that a boarding ladder on the bow? Also, there’s a Rinker boat owners Facebook page that has good stuff on it too. 
  • TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I lurked around for a long time before jumping in with my experiences. Hopefully you will also become a regular and do the same.

As you've already found there are some great minds here -- and a nice respite from the chaos other forums seem to generate.

Here it's all Rinker - and all good!  :)
  • FallnInkFallnInk Member Posts: 6
    @ricklaviolette - thanks! Yes, it's an aluminium bow to shore ladder and has full treads. Makes getting on and off the boat super easy! 
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great pic's , 342 nice boat.
    Boat Name : 

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum the 342 is a great boat for a day or a week at a time. 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the boat great pictures 
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Pretty hull...don't see a lot of tan hulls...mine too on a 270. 
    We are just getting started in FL if the hurricanes don't take us out...memorial day weekend is famous for hurricanes for some reason. See where the show it hitting FL? That's me...guess no boating this weekend..
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Congrats on the new boat!! We just had our 280 out and we were checking out the shoreline on the Columbia River. Still haven't anchored and gone to shore but we will eventually. I am shocked to see you got that beached, how deep is the water? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    It's awesome to get more new members on here from different places in the country.  How is the boating in MN?  I'd guess for those few months that it'd be absolutely beautiful!

Those pictures are really great!  Love that bow ladder.  I'm sure others, as well as I, would love to see another picture or two of that ladder and how it connects.

The 342 is a wonderful boat and great size!  Enjoy and welcome to the forum!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

@Aqua_Aura - it's about 5' deep at the stern. I have twin io's and trim them up when beaching it. 
    @Dream_Inn - Thanks. Boating in MN is awesome! Only problem is the season is to short, but I guess it gives us a reason to be out on our boat as much as possible. 

The bow to shore ladders are super popular on the St. Croix river and I'll try to get some pics to upload soon. The ladder we have has full treads and is made by a local guy here in MN.