Options

Adding Bow Thruster to 330

YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm looking to add a bow thruster; has anyone added one and if so did you go with an additional battery?  Any tips or recommendations?

Thank you!
2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay

Comments

• Options
    JasonAJasonA Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Just added a SideShift to out 290, we did add an additional battery just for the thruster. Installation was fairly easy and all of the holes are above the waterline, however it does look funny.
  • Options
    vquadvquad Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    We added a bowthruster to our 270.
    The system comes with a dedicated battery and charger.
    US Thrusters did our complete system and they were great to work with.
    I'm not sure they are still in business.
    look up www.side-power.com
    OR 
     www.imtra.com

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Options
    FYI our thruster is a "thru-hull" style

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks vquad - did they install the battery and charger at the bow?  I have no problem with the extra battery but I don't love the idea of it being under the bed.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    the thruster and battery are installed centered under the table platform in the bow

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Options
    The complete install including cutting the hull and glass work was done on my trailer in my driveway and took 2 days to complete.
    The install included a dedicated charger, handheld remote which also was wired to the windlass, helm controller, fuse block, wiring and painting inside the hull.
    In 2008 the cost was $7,000.00 and worth every penny.
    With only a single screw and all my canvas deployed and catching wind the thruster has saved me 100 times in 12 years of ownership.

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were going to add a bow thruster to my 342, it would be the external sideshift which I believe is $3-4k. Can not imagine putting $10k in to that for the full built in glass job on a boat worth under $100k. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)