Options

Model Differences

Good Morning All;
Got our first hint of snow in the Chicago area today.....very sad.
I have a question for the Forum: 
What notable differences is there in a 2003 FV 312  versus a FV 310?
Thanks
Phil

Comments

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    None i know of. Ours is badged 2003 FV310 per registration but HIN comes up as 312 on insurance (HIN ends in 03). I believe the model number changed to 312 that year and our started build earlier in the year but finalized later. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    CounselorphilCounselorphil Member Posts: 73
    Thanks....
    I am looking at a 2003 312 listed for around 54K....I am willing to offer 42500-45000

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    What year 310?  There are some differences.  I owned the 2002 310 and on the 312 they moved the genny FWD of both motors.  This actually made a shift in things that caused the V-berth to be slightly smaller.  Yes, the genny was easier to work on with the 312, but lose a tad of cabin space.  

$54k is pretty high.  I sold my pristine 2002 310 back in 2012 for $55k with a lift (that wasn't worth much cause it had to stay in marina).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    CounselorphilCounselorphil Member Posts: 73
    Thanks...
    The boat is a 2003 312....
    How did the 310 handle?
    p.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    The 310 handled great!  We had the 5.0 MPI motors and never had an issue getting on plane with mostly 4 of us and sometimes loaded up for 10 day trips.  The layout is fantastic as well as very easy to work on.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I fully agree.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    I have a 2005 320 which I believe is the same hull. The boat is great but I do notice that it doesn't seem to take the chop all that well. Bangs real hard seems like you are beating the boat up. Probably because of the flat bottom. Other than that it has been a great boat