342 Shower Head Replacement

Hey guys, anyone replace their showerhead in a 342? This is been a nightmare when it should be fairly straightforward. Every handheld on the planet has a half inch thread except the one in my boat. It is a 10 mm metric mail. I have searched high and low to find a simple conversion from the 10 mm to a half inch female to no avail. I would replace the entire hose however the half-inch ends will not fit through the hole between the knobs. Any suggestions. Our water flow is so poor in the stock one I thought a high pressure shower head might help. 

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can replace just the sprayer head, they have them at Home Depot, I posted a link on this site a few years ago 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on your problem, you can clean the showerhead with The Works toilet bowl cleaner to clear the lime build up. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    I took my shower head and soaked it in vinegar.  That cleaned it right up and it sprays much better.  Might be worth a try.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I got a home shower wand with multiple spray settings.  But there isn't enough pressure to really use the pulse setting.   To connect it I ended up finding a replacement hose for a kitchen sink sprayer which had a fabric casing and fit through the existing hole for the hose.  I had to find an adapter fitting to connect it to the water outlet.  Generally happy with it other than like I said, can't use the pulse setting.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• ALLFORARIALLFORARI Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Thanks All.  Found a pipe fitting adapter online.  Tough to find.  Ordered and hopefully will solve the problem.  Not sure why tinker went with metric on this vs.  traditional standard fitment for any home shower head??