Removing the anchor locker bulkhead

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
Went to check on my 280EC this afternoon. I have a leak on the starboard front corner of the cabin. I believe it is coming in around the nav light. To be sure I need to remove the front anchor locker cover so I can remove the shelf. Any ideas on where all of the screws are at? I found a few, but clearly not all of them. Thoughts??? 
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's not held in place with velcro?  
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    Are you sure it's not held in place with velcro?  

If it is velcro, it is the strongest velcro that I have ever seen. The mirror is held on with velcro. I got that off.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The port hole behind the mirror will give you access. Then use your phone on video to scope the area.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Not sure how different your boat is compared to my 342 but this video MIGHT help. Worth a shot.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +++ on DanD2’s video

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    Starting to make some headway when I get a free moment. Found the screws that hold this thing together. Rinker does a great job of hiding them. 

Go Steelers!!!
    So I made some progress removing the bulkhead. I got the two light panels off, which had screws at the wire hole. I then took the lower panel off which had three screws holing it in place. The bulkhead panel then had 3 screws holding it in place. Once I got all of that out I was able to remove the port side shelf, which was held in place by a screw in the bulkhead, a bracket at the bulkhead, a L bracket on the underside by the TV cabinet and 3 screws behind the speaker, which was screwed to the TV cabinet. Now I need to wait on some rain to find my leak. I believe it is coming through the hole for the nav lights. That is the only logical place that it can get in. Unfortunately it is my own fault because I replaced the lights and didn't reseal them. Major rookie mistake.

Go Steelers!!!
    The one thing that I am going to do is add a second drain to my anchor locker. There is one on the starboard side, but not one on the port side. The way the boat lists to the port when the water tank is full, there is water sitting on the port side of the locker more often than not. The recess is already there, so mounting the thru hull should be painless.
    Go Steelers!!!