PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in Non-Boating Related

I guess this is our winter

Anyone else getting snow today?

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that sand? LOL
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's more than I've had this entire winter.  
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have had nothing but a little cool weather for FL this year..
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    It's snow on my
    windmill palm @Handymans342
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    We’ve had snow, ice and freezing rain here. Still 30000 without power until late tomorrow.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    We had some nasty slushy slippery stuff last night.  I went a short distance and was fishtailing....in 4 wheel drive only doing 40.  My son-in-law had to run to Lansing (about 1.5 hour drive) and on his drive home (which took 3 hours) he said he stopped counting the cars and semis in the ditch after 14.  

It was above freezing over night and the roads are just wet now.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's snow on my
    windmill palm @Handymans342

Where is this?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

edited February 2020
    The great state of South Carolina. Snow on Saturday, 57 on Sunday.  
    70 degrees today.  You guys can keep the cold weather!
    That looks even better
    Pool all weekend
    Just rub it in.  We are experiencing heavy rains and flooding.  A 200 plus yr old bridge that connected a mill across the river was taken out by a dock being washed down stream.  

I've never seen the river so flooded.  Good news is Lake Hartwell is above full capacity so it should be a good summer on the water.

oh shut up!

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Too hot for February
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your running your A/C and I'm throwing sticks in the wood stove trying to heat the house.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    Your running your A/C and I'm throwing sticks in the wood stove trying to heat the house.
    Thats the way it goes. 
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    too hot in the keys today! Going to head north for the weekend, looking for 70's, not 80s!
    80's too hot???  I require my water temps the upper 70s and 80s
    MarkB said:

oh shut up!
    How boring..

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Too hot for February

oh shut up!!

"Boat + Water = Fun"

I'd rather be running the A/C.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

Well move down. 900 people move here everyday. 
    900 reasons not to. 

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

I avoid Charleston in the summer months because of the tourists. I dont even like fall for Greenville anymore because it attracts so many tourists.  I feel like a hypocrite visiting Florida.  
  • halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    If they had only divided the continent north/south instead of east west I would be on my way as well. Each country with access to the nice weather. It's -17c this morning! (1.4F) 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been visiting Florida for about 25 years and have noticed changes. I hate some of our old haunts like Clearwater Beach now, with all the development. But on the other hand I saw a documentary the other night that showed that up to a quarter of the Florida economy is dependent on tourists. As @halifax212 points out it's freakin' cold here almost 8 months of the year so we gladly pay the roughly 1/3 more it costs us for exchange in order to enjoy some warmth and sunshine. Gas is outright cheap (at least to us) as are booze and smokes. Except we don't smoke. But I do my best to consume as much beer as humanly possible all the time I'm there...Food is priced about the same as here as are restaurants so factoring in exchange it's actually more expensive for us to eat. A $10 hamburger here is a $10 hamburger there except it actually costs us about $13.50 in CDN. We are not "high end" travelers and stay with snow bird friends and relatives whenever we can but still budget at least $300 a day for a trip. Our upcoming 23 day visit is budgeted at about $8,000 CDN and I'm probably low. But about 10 of those days will be staying for "free" with friends, but not really since we always do our part for food and drink and take them for dinners etc. in appreciation.
    And we are only two of the estimated 4 Million Canadians that visit Florida every year. To put that into perspective our entire countries population is only 37.5 million, so over a tenth of our country visits every year. Florida had 21.5 million people in 2019 so two third's of the entire population of Canada.
    As a former financial planner/analyst I'm a numbers guy, can you tell?  :p
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    Willhound said:
    Been visiting Florida for about 25 years and have noticed changes. I hate some of our old haunts like Clearwater Beach now, with all the development. But on the other hand I saw a documentary the other night that showed that up to a quarter of the Florida economy is dependent on tourists. As @halifax212 points out it's freakin' cold here almost 8 months of the year so we gladly pay the roughly 1/3 more it costs us for exchange in order to enjoy some warmth and sunshine. Gas is outright cheap (at least to us) as are booze and smokes. Except we don't smoke. But I do my best to consume as much beer as humanly possible all the time I'm there...Food is priced about the same as here as are restaurants so factoring in exchange it's actually more expensive for us to eat. A $10 hamburger here is a $10 hamburger there except it actually costs us about $13.50 in CDN. We are not "high end" travelers and stay with snow bird friends and relatives whenever we can but still budget at least $300 a day for a trip. Our upcoming 23 day visit is budgeted at about $8,000 CDN and I'm probably low. But about 10 of those days will be staying for "free" with friends, but not really since we always do our part for food and drink and take them for dinners etc. in appreciation.
    And we are only two of the estimated 4 Million Canadians that visit Florida every year. To put that into perspective our entire countries population is only 37.5 million, so over a tenth of our country visits every year. Florida had 21.5 million people in 2019 so two third's of the entire population of Canada.
    As a former financial planner/analyst I'm a numbers guy, can you tell?  :p

Some nice beaches south of Clearwater ... have you been to Caddy's on the Beach, closer to St. Pete's right off Gulf Blvd?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Caddy' s every year. Know it well.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270