Options

Replacement cushion needed for 2005 Siesta Vee bow chaise lounge

Does anybody know where I can find a replacement bow cushion?  Seagulls feasted on mine last year and I'd rather not pay for a custom cushion if I can avoid it.  Anybody know where these can be found?

Comments

• Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    you'd be surprised at how reasonably a local vinyl shop can repair your cushion for...
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try calling Rinker yet?? Seems like it'd be your easiest answer.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    JilliciousJillicious Member Posts: 4
    First place I tried.  They dont carry any replacement parts anymore for any boat manufactured after 2009.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a marine/auto vinyl shop. It's leas than you think to redo.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Try not to repeat the seagull attractant material. wth was that. Never heard of seagulls eating seats......unless they were covered with chips. Have you been mean to the local gulls?? Personally I'd hang a rubber chicken from the windsheild to warn them.....along with a bug zapper. Sounds like seagulls with attitudes or gangsta gulls. Troubling times for sure...

As a former sailor I admit I harbor serious gull hate issues when they'd confuse my mast as a roost to cream my boat.....in the worst way, I feel your pain. Rinkers must be tasty boats. There are numerous forums on seagull deterrents.... don't be shy. They are a little dense when it comes to wrecking your boat and why it matters to you.

As mentioned I'd try to find a good canvas shop that's a little slow or even...... heaven forbid.... talk to some sailors about canvas repair. Those guys often have sewing machines from stitching their own stuff, or know someone who is talented but unpublished. Also sailors are notoriously cheap......(yes I admit it but I'm a reformed rag boat guy now guzzling fuel at an alarming rate)....... and they love to find a good bargain.

Good luck, and whack a gull for me, 
    Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll second asking some sailors..I have a dockmate who sews and does some great work, including boat covers with the nice soft inside like for cars (used on a very finicky sailboat).  I had seat and dash covers made for a fraction of a canvas shop.  Bring beer, it always helps.

Seagulls..flying rats!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI