Options

Isolation Activities

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
So in this strange time some of us are isolating, maybe most of us to a certain degree. We are still about a month away from even thinking about getting ready to splash so other past times are in order so I thought I'd share a favourite. Feel free to share your other activities besides boating...if there are any.
Being of Finn descent we've always had access to a sauna. Having just got out of mine I can tell you that I am relaxed, happy and can breath clearly. I built this with my own two hands in the back yard about 11 years ago. Every nail, screw, the rafters, wiring etc. You get the picture. You might think it's crazy but if you know anyone of Scandinavian background you'll understand. Whenever I need to de-stress and can't get to the boat (7 months of the year) this is my go to.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭
    That's real fancy. We are hot tub people but I do enjoy a sauna on occasion. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    I hope that sauna is closer to the house than it looks...or that long walk back in the cold would not be fun. :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    About 100 feet. Never cold coming back. In a suburb though so at least a towel is needed. My neighbours all understand .
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing hockey in the adult league ages range from 18 to 78.  

The guys walking around the locker room butt naked talking to everyone have 98% been Canadiens over the age of 55.  A nation of free spirits 😆

Respectful dudes too, when women were told the wouldnt get their own locker room and had to dress in the bathrooms they came to our locker rooms, the Canadiens were the only ones I know of never to complain and started wearing underwear under their jocks or new integrated jock shorts over their underwear
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Hot tub but I winterized it this year .i think I’ll get it going this weekend ,also I have a row boat and kayak we use in a state park by me you need a key and permit to access the lake .i waited on line for five hours last week to get my key they only issue 300 keys for the season the third week in March is when their available .But it sure is worth it .The lake is on top of a mountain and it sure is quiet and peaceful.The rangers don’t even open that part of the park till the first week in April 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our state parks are closed...still have the boat home so if when we do get shut down I will have plenty to do- assuming I'm not sick. Went to Lowe's also for out door project supplies. Might as well get some stuff done.
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound looks like a picture in better homes and garden. could be a booming business opportunity, build and deliver.  
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I appreciate it Randy but it was strictly a labour of love. Yes, when I build something I'm a perfectionist but I could never make money at it, I'm too slow. There's a couple of build and deliver shed guys in the area and the margins are so tight you need to build 100 a year just to make a wage.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off for four additional weeks here... going to catch up on all those things that havebeen on the to-do list for 6+ months!
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    I have been working from home for over 4 years so no change there for me. Been busy today getting wifes car inspected and getting groceries but was as careful as I could be carrying Clorox wipes with me and wiping everything down and trying to keep my distance. No plans to leave the house now for another week except to hopefully go get the boat from storage Thursday. Shouldn't have to really have much interaction with anybody. After that plan to spend my time working on the boat for a few weeks at least. Hoping to still get in the water by mid-May so we can 'self-isolate' on the water...lol
  • Options
    The fish are going to start biting on March 24th, I'll be there on the lake. in the boat alone
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to wonder if there will be a big bump in the population - just like after the eastern seaboard black-out - for those of you old enough to remember. Not off topic IMO as the thread was about "isolation activities"........? You can only play with your game boy for so long before something else comes to mind? :-)
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael T said:
    I have to wonder if there will be a big bump in the population - just like after the eastern seaboard black-out - for those of you old enough to remember. Not off topic IMO as the thread was about "isolation activities"........? You can only play with your game boy for so long before something else comes to mind? :-)
    I agree, I said the same thing to my wife the other day. Always a spike in births 9 months after everyone is stuck in the house.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    Michael T said:
    I agree, I said the same thing to my wife the other day. Always a spike in births 9 months after everyone is stuck in the house.
    In about a dozen years they will be nicknamed the "Quaranteens"  :D
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife said that name has been going around the Internet, that’s funny!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    My wife said that name has been going around the Internet, that’s funny!!
    Yeah, can't say it's original. Funny though!
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With winners like these no wonder everything is being shut down.. 

• Options
    looks like fun, maybe they have enough alcohol in them to fight off virus.  
    Boat Name :